May 28, 2015

THE SPICY BURGER



Hey Y'all!
It's National Burger Day!

You know you want it....
You know you got it......

That's the way we like our burgers down here in the great state of Texas....

S-P-I-C-Y


THE SPICY BURGER
2 lbs. GROUND CHUCK
1 small ONION, diced
2 tablespoons HORSERADISH
2 tablespoons WORCESTERSHIRE SAUCE
1 ounce GARLIC, finely diced
1 dash CELERY SALT
1 dash PEPPER

6 ounces BUTTER
3 teaspoons TABASCO SAUCE
1 teaspoon CRUSHED RED PEPPER FLAKES

THE SPICY BUTTER
Mix 6 ounces of soft butter in a bowl, along with 1 t. Tabasco sauce and 1 t. crushed red pepper. Roll spicy butter into a log using plastic wrap and place in fridge.

Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
Take hardened spicy butter log from fridge, remove plastic wrap and cut butter into discs.
Take ground beef mix and shape into 6 oz. balls, inserting spicy butter discs in middle Flatten balls into uniform patties, no more than an inch think, to ensure proper cooking.
Grill to desired temperature, serve on toasty buns and enjoy!

I think
I Love Texas,
who shared this photo this morning on Facebook
pretty much says how we Texans are feeling these days.....


Miss Elizabeth shared this photo of her little precious over at her ranch.......


Hamburgers Y'all! 

3 comments:

  1. OOO, yesssss, we do love us some big, ole juicy cheeseburgers. Your burger is as pretty as a picture...wait...whaaat ?
    ok, it IS a picture and pretty as can be. :) No doubts at all that it tasted even better than it looked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamburgers are one of my favorite meals..perhaps my VERY favorite and I'm TRYING THIS TEXAS burger without a doubt! I love, love, love, your pictures ...it's the middle of the blasted night and I'm munching on pretzels dipped in peanut butter...but I would trade it in a heartbeat for one of your burgers. OF COURSE I would eat it in the middle of the night! You BET I would!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Miss Mona, you make me laugh so....I have had those sleepless nights too! Good snack for 3 AM.....hope you love the burgers.....big hugs!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.