February 11, 2015

MISS CHRISTINE'S CHOCOLATE PUDDING


There are specific things you remember from childhood.



My brother Steve and Cousin Dianne playing dress up....Roundhead, Ohio



Vicksburg, Mississippi.....Linda Ruth Green, Me and Edward



Vicksburg, Mississippi.....My brother Steve, Miss Judy and Me



Vicksburg, Mississippi,...Grove Street Elementary....Miss Judy


Jackson, Mississippi....Birthday Parties 
Sara Webb, Susan Carroll, Kit Reeves, Libby Smith and me


Jackson, Mississippi....an infamous snowfall.....playing in snow with
my next door neighbor and best friend, Kit Reeves.
Kit passed away in 2008.


 Jackson, Mississippi.....My brother Steve, me and Miss Judy
Christmas in our formal living room


Now....this is one thing I remember quite well....chocolate pudding!

She always called you..."Baby!"
"What you want today Baby?"

She was one of the school cafeteria lunch ladies at McWillie Elementary school.
I couldn't tell you any of the others, but I do so fondly remember Miss Christine!
She was in charge of dessert and milk cartons!

"Miss Christine..may I have some of your chocolate puddin'?"
She had several gold teeth and smiled that big smile of hers...
"Here's you go baby....see ya' tomorrow!"

So....anytime I make my delicious, creamy homemade chocolate pudding....
I remember Miss Christine! 



MISS CHRISTINE’S CHOCOLATE PUDDING
2 cups milk
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares
1 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 tablespoons unsalted butter




In small saucepan, melt chocolate in milk over low to heat to scalding; stirring constantly.
In a medium saucepan, combine sugar, corn starch, and salt.
Gradually pour in hot milk mixture, stirring constantly.
Cook over medium heat, stirring, until mixture comes to a soft boil.
After it thickens, stir two minutes longer.
Remove from heat.
Beat egg yolks in a small bowl.
Add a small amount of hot mixture in egg yolks, stirring constantly so lumps do not form.
Continue to stir over low heat for an additional two minutes. Remove from heat and add the 2 T. butter and 1 t. vanilla. Pour into individual bowls for serving.


2 comments:

  1. Hmmmm...it sounds so good. I remember both of our cafeteria cooms, but they were not so pleasant as your Miss Christine. I enjoyed seeing the view from The Way Back Machine. Lots of happy memories there!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.