December 5, 2013

ONE POT LASAGNA


 
After my daughter got married, she would call me and ask me how to make various dishes. When I gave her this recipe, which she absolutely loved, she said, "Mom! This is SO easy! I had no idea! I remember when you made this for us when we were younger, I thought you were working long and hard in the kitchen!"  There will most likely be plenty more shortcuts to share! 



ONE POT LASAGNA
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 1/2 pound ground beef
3/4 t. each salt and pepper
2 T. Italian seasoning
12-ounce package lasagna noodles, broken in pieces
28-ounce can diced tomatoes, undrained 
15-ounce can tomato sauce
3 T. chopped fresh basil
15-ounce container ricotta cheese
2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend


Heat oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add garlic, beef, and spices. Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is no longer pink - about 8 to 10 minutes; top with Italian cheese.
Place lasagna noodles over meat mixture; top with tomatoes, tomato sauce, basil and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
Dollop ricotta cheese evenly over mixture, stirring slightly. Cover and let stand 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.


6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe. What a fantastic kitchen. :) Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are expecting one of those good ole' Texas ice storms....this will be the perfect Friday night dinner! Yes Deb, I LOVE that kitchen too!

      Delete
  2. Lasagne is a favorite around our house too! So comforting and perfect when it's cold outside; today it's going to be 72, but by the weekend much cooler, so this may be on the menu. XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The ice man cometh Susan....perfect to serve on a cold December evening!

      Delete
  3. We've had our share of bad weather but even though we're able to move around now I'm still hibernating! Do you think I would be able to half this recipe and it turn out as well? Stay Warm and loving your blog..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maxc....I think it would be fine to half the recipe.....it's a perfect idea! Thank you so much for visiting Estelle's!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.