August 20, 2013

STYLING YOUR NEST

 

Do you love collecting “things?” Do you use your collections to create a feeling of welcome, comfort and beauty in your home? There are endless possibilities in life……each season brings with it a burst of hope and renewal.

 

Estelle's Mosaic

Summer is still lingering, so as I begin to look through closets to bring out my best of Autumn décor, I still love the vibrant colors of summer….turquoise, sunflower yellows, lime greens and kiss me pinks!

 


Don’t be afraid to show off what you love in your favorite nooks and crannies. Relative to your collections, this is one time, more looks good! Quilts, vintage china, silver, baskets, paperweights…..
 
 
 
Brighten you world with pretties.......
 


 
 
Today, realize the beautiful potential in what you
already have!

6 comments:

  1. I almost lost my breath at the blue and white collection. Mine is mere pittance when you see this. So beautiful. Deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so enjoy your blue and white china collection! Yes, this one is certainly breathtaking...perhaps incentive to visit estate sales or spend the weekend antique shopping! Oh happy days!

      Delete
  2. Talk about comfort. You've got it covered in this blog with the peaceful, restful photos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Vickie...so glad you enjoyed this post.

      Delete
  3. Your photos and collections are beautiful! I am a "blue and white" person also...especially when it comes to my kitchen! And seeing the aprons hung on the pegs gives me an idea because I LOVE aprons as well!

    I especially appreciate your very last statement, "Today, realize the beautiful potential in what you already have". A year ago I went through and did a "declutter" of the house, including the attic. I did pass on a lot of things, and had two yard sales. But in doing that simple (but lengthy) exercise I realized the beauty of the things that I had left over, but had never really used. They are things which now grace our table on a regular basis. Thanks so much for a wonderful post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what it's all about isn't Dianna? Gathering inspiration to make our homes beautiful and comfortig. It's amazing how we search through attics and closets and suddenly, everything old is new again!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.