November 5, 2023

SOUR CREAM COCONUT CAKE...PERECT FOR THE HOLIDAYS

Good Morning Kindred Spirits....
I am a PLANNER....
I like to begin planning for the holidays
in mid-summer....always have.
I plan for home décor, gather family favorite recipes,
and DIY projects.....
it makes me feel well prepared and organized.
And, I like to share the best of the best, with all of you! 


Yes, the holiday season will be upon us before we realize it and it
feels good to be able to prepare a notebook featuring your
favorite holiday recipes.....and I don't know about you,
but serving a delicious homemade Coconut Cake is a holiday tradition
in our family!
Growing up in Jackson, our neighbor, Miss Tommie was a fabulous baker....
and she was well known for her prize winning Coconut Cake.....
honey, one bite of her cake would send you to the moon and back.....
this recipe is one of those vintage favorites from the 1950's
and you may want to add this to your dessert display on your
dining room sideboard......it's certainly going to be on ours!


Sour Cream Coconut Cake
1 Butter Recipe Cake Mix ( Yellow )
2 Cups of Sugar
 1 16 oz Carton Sour Cream
 2 Cups Coconut 
1 1/2 Cups Cool Whip

 Let cool and split evenly into 4 layers.
 2. Combine sugar and sour cream, blend until sugar is dissolved, and then add 2 cups of Coconut, blending well.
 Chill.
Reserve 1 cup of this mixture for the frosting. 
3. Spread remainder of sour cream mixture between the 4 layers,
 but not on top.
 4. Combine reserved sour cream mixture with Cool Whip.
Spread onto top and sides of cake.
 If desired, sprinkle some additional coconut onto top and sides of cake.
 5. Seal cake in an air tight container and
put in refrigerator for 2-3 days before serving.


2 comments:

  1. That is one of my very favorite cakes! I could eat half one at one sitting! Looking forward to seeing all your holiday ideas and decorations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that cake just looks so good. I really like coconut. I love seeing your favorites things to bake for your family. I gave some of your recipes to my daughters. Hope they make me something. :):) I loved the dining room photo also. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.