December 17, 2021

OUR CHRISTMAS EVE AND CHRISTMAS MORNING MENU



Merry Christmas everyone..
I have so loved reading this book of classic, festive stories and poems
the past few weeks.
They are heartwarming tales of kindness with absolutely
gorgeous seasonal illustrations ...recipes and craft activities also!
It is actually considered a children's book, but I'll just bet you know
a grown-up who would enjoy this just as much!


This is my adorable Advent calender I use year after year..
I know some order several and highly priced advent calendars
on Social Media channels, but I feel just one will do....


I loved this tin sign....
did you enjoy Ribbon Candy at Christmas when you were
a child....we sure did...a gift from our grandparents every year....
such nostalgia!


We have certainly enjoyed the tree this year....





In fact, I think I may leave it up well into January....
why not make the seasonal joy last a bit longer after
Christmas Day!!!!

Have you planned your Christmas Eve festivities?
I'm going to make it a bit easier this year.....
Here's what's on the menu......



I love the Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam...
with cocktail crackers and cream cheese....oh my, my......
all sorts of Italian meats and cheeses...olives and this
divine Ricotta Herb Dip......

Baked Ricotta with Garlic and Thyme 

The desserts are all from Trader Joe's

The Sweets
Assorted Chocolates
Shortbread Christmas Tree Cookies with
Milk Chocolate Fillings, White Chocolate Drizzle and Sprinkles
Gingerbread Cookies with Strawberry Cream Cheese
Lebkuchen Cookies 

Cocktails
Assorted Wines
Assorted Liquors
Winter Wassail Punch

CHRISTMAS MORNING BRUNCH

Ina Garten's Popovers
Mimosa's

The anticipation is so wonderful, don't you think?
I would love to know what your Christmas Eve will look like...
I have one final post before Christmas, so I shall see you
next week.....







6 comments:

  1. Our Christmas Eve first starts with lunch out to celebrate my husband's birthday! Then in the evening we gather as a family and open our stockings. I am planning a meat and cheese board for the evening as well. Often we'll watch a movie, but sometimes we just play games together.
    Christmas day is informal. A buffet of food to nibble on from lunchtime on. Everyone who comes by for a visit can have food if they desire. It's a wonderfully relaxed day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 24th, we will be having hubby's wonderful homemade pizza for dinner ~ then eating the leftovers for breakfast on the 25th! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Christmas Eve has changed so much through the years. These days, I am alone on Christmas Eve so busy myself with preparations for the following day. I try to round up some Christmas programming. I will definitely have the tree on...this is a luxury these days for me. Snowstorms, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for certain.

    Your Christmas Eve looks tasty and lovely. So homey and hospitable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Betsy, It seems that you are ready to celebrate the holidays. I love the book. Blessings to all of your family. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  5. One of the best things about the holidays is remembering our own childhood and the people who loved us, like our grandparents. My Grandmother was from Poland and every Christmas she would make melt in your mouth Angel wings, my favorite. I've tried to make them, but they never taste as delicious as hers did. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas Eve were will be with family for the first time in 2 years, it is going to be wonderful. On the menu is prime rib, au gratin potatoes, salad, asparagus and lots and lots of desserts. Ribbon candy was a childhood favorite, it is hard to find these days.

    Have a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.