December 26, 2021

CHRISTMAS AND COVID 2021

 Christmas Eve 2021....
I'll begin by stating that it was all wonderful,
but not quite the gathering we were expecting....
Covid struck again with our granddaughter coming down
with illness the week of Christmas...so that of course, cancelled
the family gathering we were hoping for!


That is two years now, Covid and the pandemic
has affected the lives of so many.....
I have been hearing of hundreds of friends and families
we know dealing with Covid.....and yes, they have
been vaccinated and taken the booster!


We were ever so grateful however, to have
two of our sons home with us, which meant the
the world to the darling and me...
one flying home from California and the
youngest driving up from Austin!


The tree this year was lovely...
this beautiful owl from the Martha Stewart collection
became my inspiration on how I wanted to decorate
our tree this year....I simply adore her
and even named her, 'Martha!"


I absolutely loved using the feather boa's this year....


A winter woodland theme.....


A few of my favorite purchases this year were from Target...
the forest green throws and this beautiful
embroidered pillow....


Along with this lovely and ever so soft throw
with a second Threshold pillow! LOVE!!!

The Brownie Cheesecake Trifle was a big hit!


I added two precious elves to the décor as our granddaughter
loves little Christmas Elves....so whimsical....


The cookies from Trader Joe's were delicous!


Every year I add Russell Stover chocolates....just the best!


Who doesn't love tiny shortbread cookies!


Christmas chocolates were from Trader Joe's



A Coconut Cream Crack cake......


A divine Italian meat and cheese platter...
with marinated artichokes, olives and veggies


My sweet son and a beautiful friend gifted us beautiful bottles
of wine...can't wait for this....


I shall be packing all these lovely decorations away for another year....
I always enjoy looking at them for this short period of time.....


I am over the moon with this beautiful gift of this Rae Dunn
Christmas candle....how perfect!!!


So grateful for another Christmas with the love of my life.....


We actually had a Christmas morning breakfast on the patio..
unseasonably warm weather in Texas!


Piper Rose loved her new toys from Santa......


Luke must have been a very good boy....Santa Claus was once again
very good to him....sure missed visiting our youngest grandchild...

I so hope you all had a wonderful Christmas Day..
Wishing you much happiness and blessings for a New Year!

6 comments:

  1. Everything was lovely as it always is in your home! We do make adjustments when we have to. There was an outbreak of Covid in my grands elementary school.....so Amber wisely kept the kids home the two days before break......and then all six of them went for testing and I was on pins and needles until the text showed up on my phone.....ALL NEGATIVE! So our plans went forward unlike my best friend, Brenda’s. Her husband came down with the new more contagious Covid and within days she had it too. I took Christmas Dinner and left it on the porch. She has some taste and can still smell but her husband could not smell or taste. I told her to tell him to eat anyway so he can keep his strength up!

    PS.....I made pistachio crack cake.....thanks for sharing your recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry your Christmas party with your family had to change because of Covid. We had our 2 kids and their families here on Christmas Eve, but cancelled all our other plans with extended family. Covid is running rampant here in Michigan. We know of so many fully vaxed people who have or have had Covid this year. It's alarming.
    It's so bittersweet packing Christmas away. It's been on my mind, but I'm just not ready to say good-bye for another year. I wish you a very healthy and joyful New Year, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so disappointing! But I know you and your sons had a wonderful time together! Your home is beautiful and all those lovely deep green throw blankets and pillows made for a cozy home!

    Luke is getting so grown! Wow! Hopefully you'll be able to see him soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading about your granddaughter getting the virus, and I had to come by and tell you how sorry I am, that's terrible. Now that I have two grandgirls, our hearts are always there for our grandchildren and they are a part of us. Your home is always decorated so wonderfully for the holidays, and I love your little ELVES. I had two shelves of them in my home this Christmas, that's how much I love the little fellows. Your cheese and meat platter looks delicious, and the brownie cheesecake trifle looks amazing. I hope your granddaughter feels better soon, Estelle, and I hope the new year brings you many good things. : )

    ~Sheri

    ps.....I've always loved all the red you have around your home at Christmastime and other holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I am sorry for the disappointment of missing so many family members. Nevertheless, you made the best of things. When this happened to my family at Thanksgiving, I was reminded to make the most of those present and to keep the missing in prayer. It got us through. You always have the most charming Christmas things...I love looking at them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Besty. Happy blessed new year to you and your lovely family. Thank you so much for your cheesecake recipe. Also, when can you share with us your ass authentic and lovely spaghetti and meatballs recipe as well as the lasagna recipe please?

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.