June 21, 2023

SUMMER GARDEN CLUB......THE BOOKS, THE GARDENS AND THE MENU


Oh the Garden Clubs....I believe there are some in every state and boy,
there are some very talented gardener's who are members of these clubs.
My mother belonged to the Garden Club in Vicksburg and she absolutely
loved it...the friendships, the meetings, the luncheons and the tour of homes...
today, I want to show you snippets of my city in Texas and how lovely
the gardens are from a few of the beautiful green spaces  members have shared....
these photos are courtesy of their social media pages.....










So just in case you thought Texas was not a pretty state,
you can see what a beautiful state we are.....thanks to
all the talented Master Gardeners...
In case you have an interest in gardening, 
here are some highly recommended books you may
want to purchase for your home.....

 MY FAVORITE GARDEN COFFEE TABLE BOOKS









And, of course, we want to gather some inspiration
for a light luncheon fare that comes with attending
a Garden Club monthly meeting.....

TASTES OF THE SOUTH FOR SUMMER GARDEN CLUB



Peach Iced Tea



Lemon dipped Shortbreads and Strawberry Cookies



Hot and Spicy Pimento Cheese



Egg Salad


Strawberry and Lemon Jell-O Salad



What a pleasant afternoon this would be....
from the gathering itself and talking with such knowledgeable people,
to taking a tour of gorgeous historic homes and then being
treated to a delightful little luncheon....



This is the current look in Mae Mobley's Memorial Garden....
I knew it would be a spot of serenity and beauty.....



My first Rose of Sharon has bloomed....I was over the moon excited.....

If you are looking for a hobby or are in need of social functions,
perhaps you could check out the Garden Clubs in your area....
it all sounds grand to me.....









4 comments:

  1. I love all the beautiful garden scenes. An English garden is my favorite and I'm loving our garden beds on the west side of the house. Louis Dean calls it a jungle but it is a lush English type garden with nooks and crannies around a pond and an arbor of trumpet vines that LD designed from two old bedsprings. The east part of the backyard still holds some leftovers of Sanford and Son but I try not to look long at that area!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply stunning! It takes a lot of work to keep such beautiful gardens. I'd love to try the peach iced tea. 🍑

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some very pretty gardens you have shared here. The statues add a little something in the gardens too, and have always loved them. I've heard of the Rose of Sharon, and it's beautiful. My favorite color I might add. ; ) You have some Yummy eats here - the pimento cheese, the peach iced tea, and the strawberry and lemon Jell-o! Sounds like the Garden Club is a wonderful place to gather and learn how to have a productive garden. The books are delightful. Thanks for recommending them, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Texas gardeners are truly gifted to keep such gorgeous gardens in your summer heat! Thank you for sharing the photos and the book recommendations, too!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.