July 19, 2022

A NEW FAVORITE APPETIZER....IT WAS THE HIT OF THE PARTY


July is a three time birthday celebration in our family...
on this particular weekend we were celebrating the darling's birthday,
along with our son whose birthday is July 5th!




They were on a week's vacation in the Caribbean at the time of his birthday,
so we combined the two parties, along with mine too!
The darling and I are now in a new decade and even though
it's hard to imagine,,,,it is what it is...and why not be grateful!


We had a full house and the day was fun-filled well into the evening hours.....



It's always an extra special celebration when Miss ABBIE
and her beau Brennan join us for a gathering!



While the ribs and sausage were smoking on the grill,
we noshed on a few terrific appetizers!



This recipe sounded really good, so I decided to test it out
on the family to get their thoughts.....oh baby...
divine I tell you...it made the hit parade!



Two 8- ounce cream cheese
2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup diced green onions
4-5 strips cooked bacon, diced
1 jar Hot Pepper Jelly

Heat in the oven for about 30 minutes....
serve with Ritz crackers



Zucchini Carpaccio


Served on my beautiful new platter from Miss M....
found at Williams-Sonoma


Grilled Veggie Kabobs



Nick's smoked ribs and Jalapeno sausages



Oh these were sooooo good!


For our sweet ending....
I made Martha Stewart's Chocolate Pudding Diner Pie



Now that Otis is with us for a bit...
Mae Mobley is pretty much staying in the master bedroom
which is where she feels safe....
now if we can just get through the rest of this hot, hot summer!



4 comments:

  1. Yummy, what a birthday celebration. Shared with family, it's the best. Had to copy your recipe, as some in my family love that pepper jelly. :) Happy Birthday to all of you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. May I ask what is dolloped on the zucchini carpaccio? Is it Boursin cheese?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Liv! That is Ricotta on top. I squeeze fresh lemon juice over all, with a sprinkle of salt and pepper, diced green onion, fresh Parmesan cheese and a dollop of Ricotta!

      Delete
  3. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! I want ALL of that glorious food!!!! I would just sit in the corner and not say a word to anyone.....just eat up all that meal!!!! You have been a busy cooking bee this summer.....and heat?? I am so done with summer. 108 here yesterday. All my plants are fried...we water lawn every day and garden? Gone! All we have left is watermelon and cantelope...spent 2 hrs this am cutting up watermelon for freezer...and not griping but my mouth is torn up from eating tomatoes 3 times every day!!! Seriously!!!
    If you need me, I'm INSIDE with my ac set very low and reading book after book after book!!!
    Went to see Where the Crawdads Sing yesterday (first time to movie theatre since 2019)....it's good. You need to go see it....you'll love!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.