November 30, 2020

THANKSGIVING 2020...FROM ATLANTA TO TEXAS IN THE YEAR OF THE PANDEMIC


Thanksgiving morning, November 27th, 2020,
began as a rather misty foggy day....a bit warmer than normal.
However, soon, the clouds made way for a lovely, sunny day!
This is our virtual visit to Atlanta.....


Our family obeyed Covid rules and did not visit each other this year....
Miss M set a lovely Thanksgiving table for three in her formal dining room.


She sent me this photo of the Turkey butter, which I have always wanted to buy...
I think next year I will certainly add this to our table....
even though she remembered the butter, she forgot the dinner rolls......


Son-in-law Jay, once again, fried up a moist and delicious turkey!!


One of our sons, decided to smoke his turkey and boy
did it look divine...he told us he was  rather proud of how it turned out...
if you have ever smoked a turkey...it's an all day process and requires
a lot of basting and tending to....great job, Nick!!!


Thanksgiving Day was very quiet at our house....
I set a very casual table this year as it would just be the darling
and me, with our youngest coming in on Saturday from Austin.
This would be our day to give thanks for our blessings.....


This is the only remaining bit of Fall decor....
Christmas came early this year....first time ever
I have decorated for Christmas this early...


My tradition has always been to bake our favorites on the day
of the feast, but this year, I kept it to a minimum and baked
a loaf of scrumptious pumpkin bread!


The darling busied himself putting together a beautiful puzzle....

Now, on to Saturday and our Thanksgiving Celebration.....


Appetizers were small and light...
Italian Salami and Italian cheeses....
with whole wheat crackers....


Frog Jam with cream cheese...
gosh this Jam is DIVINE!!!


The traditional process we love the most...
frying the turkey!!


The Pies....Pumpkin and Apple
 

We hope your Thanksgiving was safe and happy....
may 2021 bring us all things beautiful!

3 comments:

  1. First off-What a fantastic picture of you and hubby! You are a BEAUTIFUL couple!! We, too, celebrated simply and visited via Facetime with all the kids. Luckily, we are all healthy at this point..and even though we missed family physically, we are joined heart and soul to each other.

    I, too, broke out of my mold and decorated early for Christmas...and you know what? It's okay and fun to see all the lights!

    Have a wonderful week, sweet friend. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AW, THANK YOU DIANA....I would like to thank you for such kind comments and visiting today...wishing you a lovely Christmas season....warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. Frog jam???? Wha???? Plz tell us!!!
    I, too, pulled the Xmas decor out early. Actually laughed out loud when I looked around my house and got confused over whether it was thanksgiving or Christmas!!!!! Cuz my house was covered in BoTH !!!!! I just thought that was so funny!!!
    I also thought of you and wondered how your day went...weird holidays but better healthy than not.
    Y’all are precious....love seeing your pic!!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.