November 20, 2019

RAE DUNN THANKSGIVING...SETTING THE CHILDREN'S TABLE



Let's see.....
how many years have I been creating the children's tablescape
for Thanksgiving day?
Close to 40 years I think!!!!
Even though, "the children" are now grown-up
and the grandbabies are in college and high school, not to mention
our Luke the Duke, who seems rather grown-up for an 11 year old,
I still think I want to have them feel there is something special 
just for their dining pleasure!
This is just in case, the formal dining room is too full
to seat everyone comfortably......

The menu is planned and the shopping list has been prepared
for grocery shopping, so I pretty much know when
all the recipes need to be prepared!!
This look was really fun to design
and I am over the moon happy with the result!


I am sure many of you are RAE DUNN fan's
which so many are collecting....
This was my very first Rae Dunn purchase and I must say....
I simply adore this plate set!


My new Rae Dunn Thanksgiving appetizer plate collection....


I am using table linens that are from
Pampered Chef which I have had for years....
I made this floral arrangement back in September, so am
using this as my centerpiece.


I paired the wooden spools with birch bark candles
and pulled out one of my little harvest couples.....


I adore this little amber glass turkey dish.....


And of course..Mr. Tom Turkey has a place of honor.....


Thankful


Gobble


Blessed


I can smell the aroma of Autumn baked goods...
Pumpkin Bread, Cranberry Nut Bread and the most loved
Tea Time Tessies, along with Spiced Tea.....
I think all our hearts go home for the holidays.........





7 comments:

  1. You have created a table that grands can truly enjoy. It is fresh and hip and beautiful, too. My parents and aunts once planned a table for “the kids.” No matter that the youngest kid was well into his twenties and I was in my thirties. We had a blast being seated together! It’s a wonderful memory that I return to often. Happy planning! Just one week to Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a delightful memorie that is Vee....hilarious!!! I'll bet you still smile on that one even today....warm hugs for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. I love your Children’s Table! I’m thinking about the one I’ll have for Christmas....
    The TWO children’s tables I will have! I always used stemware for them because it makes them feel so grown up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ThANK YOU lINDA. i know your tables are going to be so festive!!! Cannot wait to see them!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Tea Time Tessies is a well-known and treasured Southern recipe for petite pecan pies...a holiday tradition at our home..divine! Happy Thanksgiving!

      Delete
  4. Your whole design is warm and gorgeous, I like your turkeys and those special plates.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.