July 21, 2019

THINGS WE ARE LOVING FOR SUMMER...AND A FLORIDA VACAY



Ahhhhh...the beach...days of sun and fun!


The Divine Miss M and family headed down to Florida
for a visit with Ohio Grandma and boy, did they enjoy every minute!


I have never been to this beautiful bedroom community
that Irma chose for her retirement, but I will tell you,
it sure makes me consider a similar move......


I can tell the Florida life agrees with her...of course,
a visit from her Atlanta family bring nothing but happiness and joy!


Miss M said they ended up with some gorgeous seashells.....


Luke the Duke even found a coconut of all things!
This kiddo has enjoyed some great summer fun!


Over in Texas....the days have turned pretty hot...close to 100 degree days!
The darling finished a gorgeous puzzle I bought him for his birthday!


One of the best things about summer, is the gorgeous summer fruits...
peaches, nectarines and cherries are favorites!
It always brings back memories of shopping the FARMER'S MARKET
in Jackson of Fortification street!


One of my favorite birthday gifts is this beautiful
candle holder!


Favorite new summer bath scents are the Softsoap
Macadamia and Peony, along with Cucumber Melon from Bodycology!


Since Summer is so hot, I prefer very light and airy jewelry....
nothing heavy or chunky!


And, when i spied this adorable sunhat....it went straight into my cart!
So, we are wrapping up July and all the birthday celebrations...
Plans are underway to take Abbs back to college
and see what's in store for the football season!
I am going to spend August working an fall projects...how about you?




9 comments:

  1. Beautiful summertime pictures! I'll bet that peony soap smells divine! Happy birthday to both you and your husband! (Did I get that right?) -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn...thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Hope you are enjoying your summer!

      Delete
  2. I love all your summer news! Florida looks amazing and those photos are perfect descriptions of Summer Joy!
    Wow! That puzzle. I've got a 1500 piece Sundlower puzzle out on the table at home. I'm thinking of having a Puzzle Party this fall to help me get it done! My favorites in this post are the videos!!
    Yes....when we go home I will start my fall projects......want to be all ready for September First!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Linda...y'all enjoy the ranch..I'll be reading and keeping up with your adventures! I know you will be transforming your home into fall and I really look forward to every post!

      Delete
  3. AnonymousJuly 22, 2019

    what??? I can't believe it!!! look how tall Luke is now! overnight he seems to have lost that little boy look in his face. I love his haircut. and oh my. his Ohio Grandma does live in a beautiful place.
    being that near the ocean would be lovely. and Irma looks to be so healthy and joyful! I'm happy for her.
    like Linda said above... my favorites of this post have to be the videos. they're great Betsy.
    just the sound of the lovely splashing water and seeing your gorgeous outdoor living area is SO refreshing.
    I felt I was on a mental vacation! LOL!
    I never tire of your tiny videos. they just get better and better. actually I never tire of ANY of your posts. they're always beautiful and imaginative and full of the JOY of LIFE! are you French? LOL. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are simply the best TAMMY!!! Hugs from me to you! Hope Summer is going well for you..staying cook I hope! I am so happy you visit and enjoy these little posts! I do try to bring different stories and hopefully keep away from boredom! No, not an ounce of French in me....just always grateful for the little things life offers! So appreciate your visit and sweet comments!

      Delete
  4. That FL vacation looked great! I was hoping that you were on it. The Happy Birthday song...so beautifully off-key. I love that your family still sings. (Mine gave up years ago.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, I bet Luke's other grandma was thrilled to see him. Look how that kid has grown. It's always nice to see young families enjoying vacations. Us oldsters like them them too. LOL Love that awesome puzzle. I will be later today to watch the videos. :) Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We love living in Florida...even in the hot summer months! I like seeing the sun shine every day...keeps me happy and healthy. You have the hat now....come on down! heehee!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.