June 1, 2018

STRAWBERRY FLUFF...A FAMILY FAVORITE


THIS is a family favorite of ours!
Grandmother Grace made it....
Mother made it....
Aunt Carolyn made it.....
and
now, I make it!
The Strawberry Fluff

Hey, probably everyone in the South makes it.....!!!!


STRAWBERRY FLUFF
1 small box strawberry jello
1 cup boiling water
 1 cup crushed ice
1 box Instant Vanilla Pudding (4 serving size)
 20 oz. crushed pineapple
 4 cups mini marshmallows
 8 oz whipped topping thawed
16 oz. strawberries chopped 


Remember....do not drain the crushed pineapple...


Place jello in a medium bowl. Add boiling water and stir until dissolved. Add ice and stir until melted. Place into refrigerator for 10 minutes or until it begins to set. Place pineapple in a separate large bowl (do not drain). Add vanilla pudding mix well. Add all remaining ingredients and stir. Fold jello into the whipped topping mixture until smooth. 


Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour before serving.


The old family favorites are the best recipes of all times!
This is just heavenly.....
perfect for your summer family gatherings!

5 comments:

  1. 🍓 Pinned it fast before I forget. I am sometimes asked to bring a side and this looks like a perfectly delicious choice. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great dessert for these hot days. Love that big bowl .I was just looking at the previous post and wow, Luke is growing. I love that he likes his bigger cousins company. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, well, now that you've shared the family recipe I'll be making it. Does that make me part of the family now haha. What a yummy refreshing treat I just might be starting a new thing here in the Pacific Northwest!
    Have a great weekend
    Saimi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yum! I’m going to run to my laptop and print this off! Perfect for June!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Betsy,

    This looks delicious and so pretty, too!! I'm so glad you shared this; I was thinking about good gelatin salads/desserts yesterday. They're real crowd-pleasers in the south, aren't they? It looks like you're having an exciting summer -- congrats on your granddaughter's graduation! That such a poignant time, isn't it?

    Take care and have a lovely weekend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.