June 22, 2018

PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES


THESE are pretty darn delicious!
They are HEALTHY
They are NO BAKE
They are A PERFECT SNACK


I have seen this recipe floating around Pinterest and the recipe always
seems to get very good reviews, so I decided to try them for myself!
I was looking for a healthy little snack to send to work
with the darling and even though he is not fond of peanut butter,
I think he's going to enjoy these!
Have you ever used Flaxseed or Chia seeds in a recipe?
They have excellent health benefits for us.....

Both CHIA Seeds Flaxseed offers the benefits of fiber. 
The Flaxseed and Chia seeds have Omega-3 fatty acid which helps support
normal cardiovascular function and helps maintain healthy
skin, hair and nails.
How easy to just grab one and go when you need
a late morning or mid-afternoon pick me up......


PEANUT BUTTER ENERGY BITES
 1 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup coconut flakes
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup ground flax seed
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
1/3 cup honey
1 T. chia seeds
1 t. vanilla


Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. 
Cover and let chill in the refrigerator for half an hour.

Once chilled, roll into 1 inch balls.  
Store covered in refrigerator for up to 1 week.


8 comments:

  1. Betsy, I guess it just wouldn't be the same without the seeds. LOL I do not eat tiny seeds, my doctor told me not too. But all the rest looks like it would taste wonderful. :) I loved how you lined all the ingredients up to take the photo. Perfect. Hope you are staying cool in Texas. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are so good and I used to make them when my kids were growing up. You can roll the whole thing in a log and slice it when it's good and chilled. Just a different shape to enjoy! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look god but I see I missed those blueberry muffins so I’m going to check that out now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder how many of those I could eat before that stored energy turned to fat?! LOL I can take "healthy" to a whole new level when I eat the whole batch of something. lol
    Not sure if you are interested but-There is a "fix" on my blog that seems to be working for those No Reply comments if you want to check it out. It is working for several of us-comments are coming into our email accts again.
    Have a great weekend- xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana...I did in fact read your post on this and meant to go back and read it again when time allows....right now, I am devoting time to caring for our patient after his knee surgery. I so hope you are having a great summer! Frankly, I am looking forward to Fall!

      Delete
  5. I am going to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy do you think this would ship through the mail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No the would not be an item to ship.....they must be kept refrigerated and will last for one weekin the fridge.

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.