May 14, 2018

SENIOR PROM 2018 AND MOTHER'S DAY SNIPPETS


Texas girls are very, very pretty girls...inside and out!
I love how gorgeous they all looked and how long
these two have maintained their bestie friendship....
don't they look amazing....just like Cinderella for the evening!


Miss Abbie worked to pay one-half the cost of her gown...
now that's a great kiddo!
All I had heard was her gown was baby blue....


They danced the night away....
a good time had by all!
Now it's on to graduation day in a few weeks!


Miss M and I are doing the graduation party "cake table"
which I am super excited about.....the darling and I went to Dallas
on Saturday morning and ordered her special cake from Stein's Bakery,
which is the oldest bakery in Dallas.
I think this is going to turn out so cute...hopefully
and will be something she will enjoy and remember!
They're hosting a big Texas barbecue!!!


This is one of my favorite family photos from the past,
that I posted on FB in honor of my Mother.....
my second birthday celebration with Miss Judy to the right...
Vicksburg, Mississippi!


We are in the 90's already, so it's a task of watering everyday....


I received a gorgeous summer bouquet from our youngest,
Robbie from down in Austin...there is nothing that
brings a smile more than receiving fresh flowers....


Then, another package arrived from Crate and Barrel
which was this darling little collection from Reese Witherspoon's
Draper James collection....the Atlanta family knows me all to well...
isn't this adorable?


Mae Mobley was enjoying some Papa time while basking in a sunbeam.....


Sunday morning was Mother's Day and the 
darling treated me to blueberry and sprinkle donuts from 
Dunkin' Donuts.....my favorite!!!


We were able to spend the afternoon with Nick
who presented me with this lovely, lovely set 
from Opal House....oh my, I cannot wait to entertain with this....


Greg and Jenn sent me this absolutely gorgeous
Hummingbird feeder.....I am just over the moon with all
these lovely gifts....I adore my children!


It was absolutely wonderful spending the afternoon
with our only child left living close enough to visit......
we had a marvelous lunch of
chicken and dressing, mashed potatoes, green beans 
and
banana pudding....a real southern late lunch.


I do so love this kid....he is a wonderful son and father...husband too....
Miss Cat was enjoying lunch with her own mother.....


Wowza....looks like Miss Elizabeth was spending her
Mother's Day in total relaxation....

Hope you all enjoyed your special day!

12 comments:

  1. Well, first off...your son is so dang handsome, I could hardly read the rest of the post !!! lol
    Now, you can tell him that...but don't mention I am 80 yrs old...let him think it came from a hot, young chick....

    All your gifts are so great...I love every one of them. We are so blessed to have such great kids...and grands...So glad your day was filled with family, gifts and most of all, love. Mine, too......xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you BJ...he has always been our little daredevil child....and a real cutie pie! They are great kids for sure...oh to be a princess for a night again..remember that? I so hope you had a lovely Mother's Day...I feel certain your Mr. Sweet was smiling from above...warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. Wonderful children who give good gifts! The prom girls look so lovely...I adore that red dress! The young lady wearing it has a beautiful countenance.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vee....that is Amelia....Abbie's best friend...she is a love for sure....off to the University of Arkansas in the fall....I love these girls! Hope your Mother's Day was special for you...big hugs!!

      Delete
  3. Your children are beautiful! Well, your daughter is and that son of yours is certainly super duper handsome!
    Yes, the watering season has begun! I’m taking the back and LD is taking the front and we shall water well before leaving town today. I’ve lined up water elves for while we’re gone. I saw. 99 degrees was in the forecast later this week for Mart! The heat has arrived!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Back to the ranch? Well, put your sun hat on darling girl....be careful and have a glass of wine for me as you enjoy our beautiful Texas sunset!

      Delete
  4. IT looks like you had a wonderful Mother's day! I cannot wait to see what sort of cake/cupcake dessert station you are going to make for graduation.

    Beautiful gifts fro your kids.

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Elizabeth.....hope you had a wonderful weekend! I love your visits and kind comments...enjoy this week and hope you are having some of this great weather...however, it's a tad hot right now!

      Delete
  5. So much going on . . . looks like you're in for a whirlwind of events. Those girls all look so pretty in their prom dresses. Have a fun summer and take lots of photos these will be times for making memories :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Connie...hope you all enjoyed your weekend! Thank you for stopping by today and leaving such sweet comments..warm hugs love!

      Delete
  6. Betsy, I love all your new gifts. So sweet, you will enjoy them so much. You have a good looking family, your son is movie star handsome. LOL. Do you ever fell that young people never realize how cute they are and how lucky to so healthy. I tell all young kids...brush your teeth all the time and run while you can. LOL. Love that pretty blue dress. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Susie....that's excellent advice....Thank you darling girl, for the lovely comments and your visit today! Loved seeing your photos too! Hugs and blessings for a beautiful week!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.