December 11, 2017

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE SNOW



Friday turned into a beautiful winter wonderland
over in the great state of GEORGIA!
The south never, ever knows how to handle snow days
as far as schools are concerned, so rather than think ahead,
Fulton county did not cancel school in the early AM hours,
instead waiting  until twenty minutes before the school day was to end...
which, of course, caused bus service to be late due to icy roads
and traffic jams everywhere created by people leaving work
and picking up their children early.....lawd!
  

They actually received about 6-8 inches of this beautiful cold fluff.....



Piper was in snow heaven.....jumping and romping and rolling.....


Catch it Pipes.......


 I mean this was a lot of snow...enough to build a Frosty!
Oh to be a kid again......


Mae Mobley and I managed to get all the gifts wrapped, boxed up
and mailed from FedEX...This is always my biggest holiday project, so
I am so glad that is all taken care of!


My craft assistant is always willing to lend her helping paw....
sweet kitty toes!!!!


I made a quick run through Target and discovered
one of their gorgeous 2017 snowglobes....
A FOX.....CARDINALS....SNOW
perfection!


Oh, how I have loved THE FOX this year!!!!
I just adore this addition to our collection!


And....a few new holiday mugs....darling for hot cocoa!


Another weakness....mercury glass birds in BLUSH!



Mae loves the tree and the nightly fire......
December is just flying by isn't it?
Time to start the baking and getting the list
ready for delicious dinners!

8 comments:

  1. What fun for Luke and Piper to have so much snow!

    December is flying by, but I keep thinking we're a week a head of where we actually are so that's a relief! More time to enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beautiful snowfall sure puts you in a holiday mood! I LOVE that snowglobe! Wish I had a Target close by! Your packages and pretties are perfect! Holiday hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is always a rush to see a snowman...such a rarity these days. Some even think they may be going extinct. True!

    What a lovely photo of the packages all wrapped so prettily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you can give credit to the weathermen on this one. They were not calling for the 10 inches we got in our area, next to Fulton County. They have even gotten on the tv and internet to apologize for the missed call. Who knew that would ever happen! But boy oh boy, how beautiful it was. I wish everyone could enjoy that much snow and it be gone in two days or so, with little to no repercussions. This may be the unique winter that they are predicting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I almost didn't see that tiny pink nose peeking through the pine!
    and piper rose looking down at all that lovely snow!
    I was so happy when she got to be IN IT with her best boy
    and mister snow man! oh. it's all good. have a wonderful week darling bean! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't finished shopping! I have the grands a lot and need a day or three days without having to cook or clean and just shop. I love that snow globe. I have a niece who adores foxes.
    You have your packages so festively placed on your table with the ornaments. They are a decoration in themselves. I will mail mine tomorrow. Fed Ex will have them there in no time for sure. My son is employed by Fed Ex so it's good to see you like using their services. Happy Week ahead.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every kid should experience a big snow. So happy for Luke to build a snowman. My favorite thing now about a big snow is walking out and noticing how quiet it is. It's still magical! Mae must be keeping her eye on that pretty bird.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You always have the sweetest pictures, Betsy. I love the picture of Luke and the pupster enjoying the snow. We are short of snow this year so far (knock on wood) with only a couple of inches so far! Usually we have a big base by this time of year.

    I hope you have a great night and upcoming week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.