December 3, 2017

A BUSY MERRY KITCHEN



Hello Loves!
I consider myself to be a tad bit ahead of the game
as this is only the THIRD day of December.
Do you realize that there are only THREE Saturdays left
before Christmas???? 
With the darling's upcoming surgery, I need to make the most
of the days, since he will be out of commission for a few days.


I must be "IN THE MOOD" to be productive...
I jumped out of bed early, made the coffee, bacon and cinnamon rolls
so that the decorating could begin.
I prepared a gorgeous big pot of
the ultimate homemade spaghetti and meatballs
yesterday and had enough to freeze a batch!


The farmhouse table is set and ready for the holidays......


My favorite little snowman of the season.....


My first cookie recipe to bake is
the Gooey Butter Sprinkle Cookies......


And, I came across these little guys yesterday...
I think these might make some darling little pudding tarts for
Christmas Eve!


Today, I am making Ina Gartens stewed pear and applesauce
in the crockpot!
I have made this before and featured this recipe
in a previous post....so delish!


We did manage to put the tree up
and begin the decorating....


How darling is he?
Wonder who can make these tiny little clothes?


 A work in progress....
takes me a while to decide on what ornaments
I want to use......


I also picked up this adorable holiday mug...
classic!!!
And it was filled with chocolates and a sweet
little reindeer...which of course.....


Became a new baby for Maepole.....
Thank you darling girl, for always making it feel so merry!
You do feel merry, don't you?

The Christmas Kitchen in Atlanta is all aglow
with the appearance of Elf on the Shelf....





I honestly don't know how all of these adorable ideas 
can last for twenty five days!!!!


 AND.....the most exciting news of all....
all of the new appliances have been selected
for our kitchen update, which begins today
and will not be completed until month's end....
We are over the moon excited...
we selected Black Stainless, which we both just loved...
Let the adventure begin!!!!
Hope y'all are in full swing of decorating and baking....
by the way, Michael Buble' HOLIDAY on PANDORA is fabulous!!!


10 comments:

  1. Wow-wee Betsy, a new kitchen update. How exciting. It does seem to be looking like Christmas there. Praying your sweetheart does very well with his surgery. Do yourself a favor...do not give your hubby a bell to ring for service once he is laid up. LOL. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The update was needed Susie...I hope it turns out well. It is our plan that this is our final home, so it's best to keep it in shape while we can. LOL....I hope he will not require a bell, but you know that's probably not a bad idea! HUGS for a blessed week ahead!

      Delete
  2. a beautiful post from beginning to end.
    I love the little snow man in that hat! especially the hat.
    snow people are my favorites!
    and miss mae and the most luxurious fur on any kitty anywhere!
    be still my heart.
    and no miss mae. you may not go to Hollywood and become a star on the hallmark channel!
    xo♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy Darlin'....you always bring a smile and lift to my heart....thank you from Miss Mae! Hope you are off to a merry start this December..sending love!

      Delete
  3. Growing candy canes? How adorable! Who thinks up all thee ideas? Have fun baking and decorating. Hope your husband's surgery goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear Kathy...I AM SO EXCITED for your BLOGMAS.....cannot wait to see what treats you have in store! Have a great week!!!

      Delete
  4. I love Christmas, I know you do too.

    I don't know how people do the Elf on the Shelf either!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna...I so look forward to your posts this week...the party looked like a gay affair....what a beautiful way to begin the Christmas season!

      Delete
  5. My goodness, Betsy, you have a lot going on in December! Good thoughts for your husband's surgery. I say give him a bell and spoil him for a day or two. How exciting to be doing a kitchen update! I like the animal ornaments. Are they a new addition? It's beginning to look like Christmas at your house!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best to your hubby and thank you for the beautiful post!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.