November 30, 2017

FALL REVIEW AND THE FIRST GLIMPSE OF CHRISTMAS



I thought while we had a bit of breathing room,
I would do a little recap of the last days of November 2017.
December is a day away and our holiday season begins!
I will say we enjoyed yet another beautiful fall season....
a few parties and wonderful autumn gatherings filled 
with family, friends, delicious foods and lots of laughter!


The great state of Texas once again
gave us many mild, sunny days to enjoy!


We enjoyed a marvelous day down in
Klyde Warren Park, people watching
and having lunch from one of the many food trucks!
We love spending an afternoon here just relaxing and
watching children and dogs romp around......


Our sweet daughter-in law, Cat,
celebrated another birthday.....


And.....son #2, created a romantic
poolside dinner for two.....
"the boys" were in attendance also....!!!!


I just happened to make note
that the leaves were quickly disappearing.....


Our weather has been so mild this fall,
that our pear tree just now revealed her autumn leaves....


Slowly, slowly Christmas is appearing here and there.....


I am in no hurry and actually,
we still are packing our bins for the pumpkins.....


The Christmas mugs are out and ready
for coffee, tea and hot cocoa.....


Son #1 bought me this darling Hot Chocolate mix
at Whole Foods last week......
how sweet is that???
I just love this kid!


In my opinion this is the best cocoa for the Keurig!


Don't you just love Christmas mugs....
Mother always had a Santa mug for each of us
when we were little children....it was the magic of the holiday
and excitement that it was time for Santa Claus....


I love this time of day...early evening
when the sky turns dark blue and the lights
are glowing warm within our homes......


I love seeing the colored lights from the neighbors....
this is such a gift and just makes me happy!

I did want to give you a little update on
Miss M and family over in Atlanta.....


They celebrated Thanksgiving at a gorgeous cabin
up in the Georgia mountains.....
a beautiful setting of fall and the harvest...
I think the fried turkey must have tasted marvelous up there!


I think their photos from the autumn photography session
turned out beautifully....love this family...
my daughter is as sweet inside as she is beautiful outside!
It's been too long between visits.....


And.....Piper Rose......
a snuggle bug with her Mom....
I can't wait to see her again!
So lovies....that's what's going on in our world.....
I am looking forward to seeing your Christmas decorations
and what your plans are for the holidays.....
Live well and be happy!



7 comments:

  1. Betsy, I enjoyed the pictures so much. It's fun to see where others live and what they see. Your daughter is a beauty, she takes after you ! Wow, Luke is growing. The blue hour of the day is my favorite too. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Susie for your kind comments..you are such a love! Wish we could visit and have a sweet treat together! Hope you are getting excited for Christmas...warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. The autumn was so good to us, too! Lots of lovely times with family and friends. Christmas has arrived at our house, as I am hosting two early December events! But I love Christmas so much I'm happy to have my decor up and ready for the season!

    Your family is beautiful and sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna...I so look forward to seeing your home all decked out for the Holidays!

      Delete
  3. The sneak peaks into your holiday decorating always leave me wanting more, more more!
    Plus I love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a sweetheart of a comment! Thank you so much......always a work in progress...I hope I am the first to wish you a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS SEASON!

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful post! Looking forward to your Christmas season!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.