October 12, 2017

AUTUMN CARROT CAKE WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING


A good carrot cake has been a Southern favorite for as long as I can remember!
The reason this cake is so good is the moistness from the fresh carrots.
Mother always made hers with pecans.
Also be careful not to over bake the cake and
always, always slather on the Cream Cheese Frosting!


AUTUMN CARROT CAKE
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 t. baking soda
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. salt
4 large eggs
1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
2 cups grated carrots

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. 
Prepare two 9-inch baking pans
or a 9 " x 13" baking dish with cooking spray.

To make the cake, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt
in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs and oil and mix
with a hand mixer for two minutes.
Add the shredded carrots and blend well. 
Divide batter into pans or pour batter in larger baking dish.
Bake for 25-30 minutes.


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
1 stick butter, softened
1 (8 ounce) package of cream cheese
3 cups confectioner's sugar
1 t. vanilla

Cream the butter and cream cheese together
in a mixing bowl, until light and fluffy.
Gradually beat in the confectioner's sugar
and add the vanilla.
Blend until creamy smooth and frost the cooled carrot cake.
Add autumn sprinkles for a festive look.

ESTELLE'S SWEET TIP
If you would like to add pecans and raisins,
add 1 cup of each!


4 comments:

  1. One of my all time favorite cakes. I am too old and lazy to cook from scratch any more. But I know there's mixes and frostings out there. :):) The little sprinkles make it even more autumn. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you Susie...mixes are a life saver! Just add those sprinkles for fun!

      Delete
  2. Your cake looks so festive!!!
    I like how you accessorized your dessert.
    ~mj...adding autumn sprinkles to my shopping list

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...your cake is so Fall-ish! and I know my hubby would just love this. Is Autumn beautiful with all it's color; outside and in baking, XOXO

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.