September 21, 2017

MAE AND I ARE DECORATING FOR THE SEASON




There is not a day that goes by that I don't appreciate the fall season.
There are all sorts of nooks and crannies to decorate
beginning with the front door.......


Mae does seem to enjoy fall leaves and faux pumpkins
that are on HER level to scatter and bat around!


Have you noticed the days are just now
beginning to be a little shorter...
When living in Maine, it would be dark by 4:00...
even though we are still in the 90's, I hear
cooler temperatures are soon to come our way!


Our coffee station is offering pumpkin spice coffee......


I made sure my darling has a cute little sugar bowl......


One of Grandmother Estelle's Hummel figurines has been
added to the mantel....for remembrance.....


Now here is the best of fall inspiration...
as soon as we have a cool breezy day...
I am going be serving these rustic chicken pot pies....
Autumn is so delicious.....can't you just taste it now?

9 comments:

  1. Lovely decor, and those rustic pot pies! I'll definitely be making those, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By 4? LOL! It's bad, but not quite that bad...sunset tonight will be 6:40. Miss Mae is just the perfect subject for your autumn decor...she shows up beautifully against the warm colors. Happy decorating! 🍂🌻🍂

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Mae are welcome to come over and decorate here at my house. Everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken pot pies are one of my favorite cool weather foods. I laughed about Mae swatting the pumpkins. Our old cat Zoey used to do such things. :) I love the Hummel figurine with the cute greenish pumpkin. I like to look at things that bring back sweet memories. I need to get busy decorating here for autumn. Blessings, xoxo, Susie,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I CAN taste that now!!! Nearly! Love your every photo and I am yearning for the cooler temps! We will come home on Monday and I think it is turning cooler that day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes I can just taste it now!
    this whole post is a sumptuous feast in beauty and celebration of my very favorite season!
    "it's my best most favoritest!" as our no-longer-little Jacob used to say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's so sweet to see Mae playing. :) Loved all your photos but I must say those pies look scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Give Ms Mae a hug from me. I truly love seeing her in the post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been noticing the shorter days for quite a while. It gets dark around 7 p.m. here now. Used to be 9 p.m. a few months ago. The temperatures are lying to us about fall, though, being in the high 80s and low 90s. I love the foods of fall and have already started serving some of them.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.