September 12, 2017

BEEF RAGU SPAGHETTI



This is a very easy recipe to bring together for a main course weeknight dinner.
It's the beautiful beginning of fall and we all would rather enjoy some outdoor
play time than spending an afternoon in the kitchen!



This yummy pasta dish is ready in a flash
and there are times you need a recipe like this
when there is no need for hours of slow simmering......


BEEF RAGU SPAGHETTI
1 fresh zucchini
1 yellow onion
2 cloves garlic
1 lb. of ground chuck
8 ounces of spaghetti
1 t. Italian seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese


Slice zucchini into 1/2 inch thick pieces.
Half, peel and dice the onion.
Mince the 2 cloves of garlic.

Heat a drizzle of olive oil in large skillet. Brown the ground chuck and
season with salt and pepper. Add the onion, zucchini and garlic
and continue to saute until soft. Add the Italian seasoning.
Add the tomatoes and cover, continuing to simmer.

Meanwhile, cook pasta until el dente. Drain the pasta and blend with sauce.
 Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese when ready to serve.

4 comments:

  1. Yum, Betsy!! I love recipes like this -- tasty, but convenient too! Your pictures make it look delicious, as I'm sure it is. Thanks for sharing!

    I appreciate your kind comments and prayers for my family. People have been so kind through all of this. Have a lovely week.

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    Hope you try the recipe Denise...it was delish! You are so in my thoughts...take care!

    How is Ms Mae? Saw her on the vacation trip. Need more of Ms Mae!
    I've looked in EVERY grocery store in our area- NO Jello Pumpkin Spice Pudding to be found :-(
    Blanche N.

    Mae is doing very well Blanche...she was her Neurologist this week and we are beginning to wean her off her medication..fingers crossed...thank you for checking on her...I ordered the pudding from Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you only knew how this makes my heart sing.....I LOVE SPAGHETTI AND TOMATO SAUCE IN EVERY KINDA WAY SO MUCH THAT I COULD EASILY EAT IT EVERY DINGLE DANGLE DAY!! Only problem? no one around here likes a red sauce on pasta. for the life of me, i cannot figure out why. I did not overload them on it while they were growing up but it makes me so sad. So, the minute I'm eating without all of them, it's spaghetti every day. You should hear me convincing the grandkids how good it is and how strong it makes you!!!!! hahahahahahahaha
    this recipe looks perfect.....easy and quick enough to make just FOR ME!!!!!!!
    Off to Santa Fe this week for a gal pal trip....a photographer's dream. Can't wait to go crazy with my camera!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy your trip Janey...and the recipe!

      Delete
  3. This recipe sounds so easy. My husband loves spaghetti and I know he will love this.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.