August 11, 2017

A NOVEL BEACH READ in THE READING CORNER




Our Summer vacation is almost here.
I look forward to the days where we can have the first cup of coffee
then
head down to the gulf and read a good book for most of the day.
This is my chosen novel for this year's trip.


"The once grand home, built by Bess Codman's great-grandparents
almost a century ago, has fallen into ruins...their stunning Nantucket
estate hosted grand soirees and holds spell binding stories within.
Bess's mother, who is a well- known town rebel rouser refuses to leave
the home. Bess must learn to deal with the complicated relationship
she shares with her Mother, in addition to all the memories the house holds for her.
As she rediscovers the guest book from Cliff House, she learns her
Grandmother Ruby was the primary keeper of this guest book.
Ruby always said Cliff House was a home of women and 
by the very last day, of this, the very last summer,
Bess will understand the truth of her grandmother's words
in ways she never imagined...."


How I LOVE a good novel filled with history, mystery
and
a dash of romance...
don't you love to just get lost in the pages....

See y'all in September!

15 comments:

  1. That sounds like it will be a fun read. I love the picture of you and your husband. Wishing you a great vacation. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much dear Susie....I so hope you enjoy the rest of your Summer....we shall touch base again in September and talk about the delicious fall season...hugs!

      Delete
  2. I am writing this book down to read. I just got a library card after buying THOUSANDS of books over the years...and just donating most of them. You two make a really good-looking couple! I am so glad you were able to get away and enjoy the beach! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea Diana....I am old school I am afraid...I still prefer a book to the I Pad.....thank you for such a kind compliment....I so hope you enjoy the rest of your summer...warm hugs!

      Delete
  3. I gotta get that book to read. You two take such a nice picture together. Looks so pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Betsy....let's home the novel is as good as it sounds....have a great weekend love.

      Delete
  4. I think it wise of you to travel incognito before your next movie. I hope the paparazzi leave you alone! next thing you know they'll be hounding you from a helicopter!
    have a fabulous vacay darling bean!!! I look forward to your own pictures of it when you return to us in September!
    love
    tam xo♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL TAMMY...I so hope you have a fabulous remaining summer....then we shall dive head first into fall....warm hugs!

      Delete
  5. What a lovely picture of you and your husband. Have a wonderful vacation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia for such a kind comment...I so love having you visit..please enjoy the rest of your summer...hugs!

      Delete
  6. That photo needs a frame! Have a wonderful time away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vee...hope you have a wonderful remaining summer....we shall touch base in the fall. Hugs!

      Delete
  7. Like a postcard! cutest couple ever....
    enjoy the smells and sounds of summer, sweet friend. listen as the seagulls sing, "Mine, Mine" when they think you may drop a crumb for them. close your eyes and put yourself way out into the gulf and then ride each wave back to shore. over and over and over again. the sweet melody will put you into a trance of solitude and peace. *sigh*....zen at its best!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH Janey...I will think of your words...exactly what we do....warm hugs!

      Delete
  8. I'm a mystery gal too! I have the latest "Hanna Swenson" I'm reading between everything else going on!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.