May 1, 2016

DALLAS WEEKEND FUN..HOCKEY AND BARBECUE!

Take Two...
sorry I posted these pictures in error yesterday....
let's begin again....


Don't you just love Saturday mornings going to the nursery?
This time of year, EVERYONE
is buying plants and getting their lawns and gardens ready for summer.


Beautiful....
I could spend hours looking around...
perhaps one of each?


We are potting new urns for our
entryway this week
and 
chose to add some yellow cannas!!!


Stop!
Marigolds...I LOVE marigolds....


summer blooms....
I just cannot wait for more patio days!


Now....THIS is what I was SOOOOO excited about!
I have been in love with the Pioneer Woman 's cake stand
ever since it was debuted last year!
It sold out quickly and has been out of stock until last week.
Then.....
lo and behold,
there was ONE in stock at Walmart
and
it was all mine......!!!!!


I prepared a German Chocolate cake
with
Salted Carmel Frosting!


Just luscious.....


What can I say....
this made me SO happy!
I find it an ELEGANT addition to Estelle's kitchen!
However, I did hear the darling mention quitely,
"I thought we needed ANOTHER cake stand..."
He is TOO good to me!


Sunday, we had BIG PLANS...
a lunch date and a playoff game to see
THE DALLAS STARS!
My boys are AVID Stars fan
and
I was invited to go along today!
We were meeting for lunch before the game!


The Pecan Lodge is VERY POPULAR
here in Dallas!
Their former location was small and located
at The Dallas Farmers Market.
They became SO well known,
they relocated to a larger building
in Deep Ellum.
There will ALWAYS be a long line
so show up when they open.
Once it's gone...it's gone!


This was OUR first time to eat here so we were pretty excited!
Greg and Jenn have talked about how good their brisket is for years!


The line moves pretty quickly and indeed...
it was a GREAT Texas BBQ!
It has also been freatured on
Diner's Drive-In's and Dives...
DELICIOUS!!!


This is some good eatin' y'all!!
a gorgeous day to dine on the patio!


Then it was onto American Airlines Center
and
Victory Plaza
for the big game....
Hey!
"They're havin' a pahty....."


Double dating with this cute couple!


The Stars put on one EXCITING GAME!
Even though we lost 4-3 to the
Saint Louis Blues....we had just a GRAND TIME!

5 comments:

  1. What a good looking cake and I love Ree Drummond.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PW's got a great line...love that cake stand and cover! I see that you are all ready for planting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ree has some really nice products! That cake stand is just right - sort of vintage. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Estelle... I spent many hours picking out flowers at that home depot. I'm headed to TX this weekend. My #1 tells me that you are expecting great weather. Love your cake stand! Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the recommendation for the restaurant! Looks like y'all had such a great time! Love seeing how you embrace life!
    Flowers, cake, sports, family, BBQ! You have it all!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.