March 21, 2016

PETER RABBIT TEA COLLECTION...EASTER TREASURES TO CHERISH

The misadventures of Peter.....
along with Tom Kitten, Mrs. Tiggy Winkle and Squirrel Nutkin!
The creation from Beatrix Potter's
tale of her mischievous bunny and friends
we all fell in love with as children.
These are among my favorite collectibles!!


True Confession....
I have had a long time love affair with Peter Rabbit.
Each year, I add a Beatrix Potter item
to my collection.
And this year.....
it is the 
Peter Rabbit Trio of English Tea's


These little tins are absolutely darling!
Tea for morning, noon and night.


Each side of each tin reflects one of Beatrix Potter's
beloved little characters.


The Flopsy Bunnies
contains an Earl Gray Tea.
This little tiny sheep
belonged to my mother.


The Peter Rabbit tin
features an English Breakfast Tea.


The Mrs. Tiggy-Winkle tin is an
English Afternoon Tea.


There are twenty tea bags per tin.


What a sweet little addition to the items
I purchased last year.
I found these little treasures at our
Third Monday Trade Days and Home Goods.


Spring is the universal time of rebirth and renewed faith.
No matter where you rest your hat on Sunday mornings,
it's also an Easter tradition to gather together as family
for a celebratory holiday meal.
Peter Rabbit cupcakes are always featured on the sweet endings sideboard.

It had always been our tradition to
spend Easter at home in Jackson.
The children would hunt Easter eggs in Mother and Daddy's backyard
and
then again up at the Darling's parents.
I long for those times....


What a wonderful addition to the Easter Basket!

13 comments:

  1. I love Beatrix Potter! Your collection is wonderful! -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet collection. Of course, Tom Kitten is my favorite. :) I love the little tea tins...adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great collection! Those tea tins are so sweet! Really great collectable item.

    Sweet Easter memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a wonderful collection of Peter Rabbit things. I have some Bunnykins dishes that are from the 40's to the 70's. They are all sweet creatures aren't they. Have a wonderful Easter weekend. Blessings, Pam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post put me right in the Easter mood. Now with the weather so cold today I just wish for spring and Easter and all the colorful, pastel things, flowers, eggs, baskets. Bring it on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how perfectly precious.........

    Gentle Happy Spring hugs,
    Tessa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Betsy, Beatrix Potter is my all time favorite! I spied these wonderful tea tins at the Vermont Country Store last week! Your collection makes my heart sing. I keep mine in my kitchen window to remember to be more child like. Have a wonderful day! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Betsy! Oh, what lovely little BP things you have! The tea tins are so sweet and after the tea is gone you can still have fun with them. Happy Easter!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely collection. I so want one.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely collection. I so want one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darling...I have some tins saved of Peter Rabbit. I wonder where they went. I have been wanting to make them into a pencil holder for the side of the fridge by gluing a magnet on the back. Seems we need a pencil holder handy the fridge. I most especially love the little sheep that belonged to your mother. It is always so charming and pretty here, Betsy.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, i have that same figurine. I can not seem to find those tea tins here in San Francisco annd yours are adorable boo hoo. So can i come to tea... Happy Spring with love Janice

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janice! I found my little tins at The Vermont Country Store. I'll bet you can find still find them at their on line catalog! Happy Easter!!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.