February 6, 2015

FRENCH COUNTRY VIGNETTE


Decorate with what you love.


Because of its casual elegance, 
French Country features sunny splashes of color, and 
an emphasis on natural and rustic accessories.


Traditional French country products and motifs include roosters, rabbits. olives, 
sunflowers, grapes, and lavender.
The designs are often arranged in regular intervals.



Are you now wishing for Spring and sunny days of mild temperatures? 
I can safely say my thoughts are springing forward to when the 
nurseries are chocked full of colorful petunias and snapdragons! 



In keeping with my french country theme for the kitchen,
 I realized I do not have a lot of blue, which I am now obsessed with.
 I like to look around my house at those decor items I do have and 
see what I can pull together without buying anything new.


Sunny yellow and soft gold, fiery red and burnt rust, bright grass green and dark hunter green, cobalt blues and soft ocean tones -- all these are found in this wonderful decorating style.



Those bloggers who feature a different china pattern every week amaze me! 
I tend to think they have a "buying problem"and I keep wondering where in the world 
they put all of that dinnerware? 
Do they actually "use" all those plates? Do they buy it just for their blog? 



Well I prefer to pull in heirloom pieces that have meaning to me. 
In this little vignette, the inspiration piece was my
 Grandmother Estelle's Blue Danube Bavarian china plate. 
It is one of my all time favorite pieces!


The planter was a housewarming gift from four years ago! 


The yellow sunflower candleholder featured on the right,
 was from my Southern Living Hostess days.


I decided to add the tiny faux pear at the last minute! 


It's a happy vignette!
It sets the mood in the kitchen when there are those times
 of family gathering to eat and share their activities of the day. 

12 comments:

  1. Looks great Estelle. I have the same blue and white planter. I got mine at Whole Foods. Wish I bought more! Have a wonderful weekend. Stay warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O thank you so very much Katie! These little planters are perfect for your kitchen! thank you for stopping by today!

      Delete
  2. Hi Estelle! Oh, your sunny vignette is just gorgeous! Love your choice of dishes.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shelia! It's just fun to see what comes together! Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  3. " Those bloggers who feature a different china pattern every week amaze me!
    I tend to think they have a "buying problem"and I keep wondering where in the world
    they put all of that dinnerware?
    Do they actually "use" all those plates? Do they buy it just for their blog? "


    oh gracious, thank you for saying that!!!!!

    imagine the cost! and as you said, where do they keep it all??????

    -shakes head-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I admire their blogs greatly Tessa! They have gorgeous things...but I do worry for their nest eggs! LOL!

      Delete
  4. How beautiful....I love everything in your lovely display.
    Would u kindly take a look at my blog and see if everything looks ok on it ? I've been messing around with things I don't know how to do and I think my blog is waaay too wide to show up on a computer screen. My new laptop has a larger screen and also the ability to make things smaller or larger and it all has me feeling out of control.....thank you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evertyhing looks great BJ. Not too large at all and very readable and enjoyable!

      Delete
  5. I have wondered about the tablescapers myself! What do they do with all those dishes?! Still, I do love seeing the delightful settings and the wonderful variety of dishes. Your vignette is most charming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They provide us such beautiful inspiration don't they Vee? I adore seeing their talents! Thank you so much for your visit today and for leaving such a sweet comment! Big hugs!

      Delete
  6. Hello My Dear, I love the yellows and blues in fabric and pottery and vintage plates. I think it must be very hard to have so many different designs of dinnerware. I have a clear glass set that I can use for many different holidays and parties. And of course, my rose china!Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Roxy! I always appreciate your visit and sweet comments! Have a lovely weekend!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.