October 18, 2012

Home for Thanksgiving....The Children's Table


The Children's Table


Suppose you gave a party....and everybody came? Thanksgiving is going to be a full house this year and we are tickled pumpkin! I am putting together different dining spaces for family and extended family. The breakfast nook is designated as "The Children's Table!" A work in progress..... so here is a sneak peak!


I fell in love with these Better Homes and Gardens plates from Wal-Mart.
I thought they would look beautiful and remind
the children of how fortunate they are...
thankful for their family and for all of their blessings!


I have had this table runner for many years and paired it with the new tablecloth and napkin set from the Home collection at Target. Excellent quality and the wheat palette just fit the seasonal colors.


The centerpiece was put together with faux pumpkins, apples, acorns, pomegranates and berries that I have collected over the  years. I had just unpacked this hammered copper bowl from Southern Living and voila'....it was just what I needed for a rustic Autumn look!


The dinner plates I am using are our everyday stoneware.
A cream dinnerware set can be used in so many holidays as a
backdrop for your seasonal plates....endless possibilities!


I adore these little pumpkins! They came in a set of three and
the colors of cream, orange and green are stunning!


Mae has obviously claimed her seat at the table....you saucy little minx!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.