August 1, 2024

A SOUTHERN SUNDAY SUPPER


It's a wonderful thing to prepare a
delicious dinner for those you love...
the house smells amazing and it brings
a sense of satisfaction that you are
a pretty good home chef.......
I learned to cook from my Mother and both of my Grandmothers..
I embrace my southern upbringing and this is pretty much
the way I prepare my selection of foods....
most of which Mother made for us.....
There are certain foods I love serving during summer
and hopefully, this may just inspire you to add some
of these foods to your dinner table.....

 


Tomato, Cucumber and onion salad.....
marinated in red wine vinegar and apple cider vinegar



Rotisserie roasted chicken



Southern Broccoli Casserole topped with
buttery ritz crackers and cheddar


The best buttermilk cornbread
 


I haven't made a Jiffy cake in some time, 
but it's perfect for a smaller cake 
and always golden delicious



To us, this was the perfect home dining experience.....
There is always something good to eat at Estelle's.......


2 comments:

  1. One word! YUM! Not just delicious southern food, but healthy too. Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.