December 26, 2023

THE 2023 CHRISTMAS GATHERING

 

Well, my darlings, it was yet another wonderful Christmas season....
we relished the moments of being with our children, the families. 
the well loved pets, the laughter, the food, CHRISTMAS movies
and the quiet moments of reflection....
deep in thought of the true meaning of Christmas.....


Christmas Eve was festive, fun and full of good foods...
all of those who traveled arrived safe and sound and for this...
we are most grateful.....



The champagne and Rose were chilled and cocktails were delightful.......



The Crab Gratin.....



Son #1 brought a lovely tray of HEB cookies....



My perfect cheese ball with Peach Clementine Jam....



And, I managed to make the Chex Mix...
Mother used to make this every year...what warm memories


Loved these...Shrimp Louie in Phyllo Cups....
easy peasy and light...



And....the finale of the Cheesecake Brownie Trifle....


Our guests were excited to receive their train ticket,
along with a glass of Champagne as they boarded the
European Belle and began their adventure of mystery...
as we transported them back to 1935 ......
they were marvelous in their individual characters and 
were successful in solving the mystery....
awards were given for Best Detective, Best Costume and Best Acting....



The Italian Contessa and her German Baron......



The Spanish Femme Fatale


The most dapper Hugh Dunnit turned out to be the one
who committed the murder....




This is the beautiful grandmother of a very special friend...
I have not met her in person but know her through
stories I have enjoyed...she is a delightful, giving spirit..
I was sent this lovely photo showing me her gifts
that we surprised her with Christmas Eve...



One of the darlings gift....Cannot wait to enjoy these one evening.....



I also give him this puzzle....
he has not been active in the hobby as of late and I thought
this one may put him back in the game...it 
was my request that he put this together for me and I  plan
to frame this one....


Over in Atlanta, It appears that the Abominable Snowman was
creating some snacks for Santa's visit....
could that possibly be Luke the Duke?



Our little Lucy really enjoyed hiding out under the tree
amongst all the packages...
she is beyond precious....

Christmas Day was hosted by son #2 and family...
time spent with the grandchildren and the boys....
dinner was beyond delicious and their
grand efforts were much appreciated....
Catherine set a beautiful table using heirlooms from 
her grandparents...I simply love that!



And, now we bid Auf Wiedersehen to the year 2023..
I am looking forward to 2024 and plan to 
serve a slow roasted turkey for New Year's 
may the good Lord bless us all and remind
us to show grace and kindness to all....
HAPPY NEW YEAR loves.....

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so wonderful, Betsy. We also have the cheese ball and crackers every Christmas Eve. The period costumes are delightful, and I just watched a Christmas show recently, A Christmas For The Ages, that did something similar and had quaint parties with the four generations of Mothers in the movie. I like the Nutcracker napkins, and the table runner goes perfect with it. An elegant Christmas table setting, and I love the wrapping with the deer and bear. I hope the new year brings much goodness your way, Betsy. I'm off to see my family and will be there through the new year. I look forward to visiting with you when I return.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful time filled with Christmas joys.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your murder mystery looks like fun! I'm glad you all had a special time together!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.