August 27, 2021

THE PERFECT POUND CAKE from THE PIONEER WOMAN! DID WE LIKE IT?

 

Truth be told, even though I simply love home goods
in the Pioneer Woman product line, I am not such a fan
of some of her recipes.
I have tried a few we didn't care for and
I feel many of her recipes call for way too many ingredients!
Sorry Miss Ree.....just an honest review.....
That's a shock to you I am sure!
But I wanted to try this pound cake she featured
on a recent Food Network show as it had
basic ingredients I had on hand.
Mother often served us Strawberry Shortcake
when she baked one of her famous Pound Cakes,
and seeing as it was one of the triple digit August
afternoons, we wanted a Strawberry Shortcake for dinner!
Here's the verdict......
It baked up beautifully.
It smelled divine.
It was light, moist and very flavorful....
This has a very delicate lemon flavor and paired
beautifully with the fresh berries!
Yes, we really, really liked it....five stars!!!

PERFECT POUND CAKE~Pioneer Woman
3 sticks butter
3 c. sugar
5 whole eggs
1 tsp. butter flavoring
2 tsp. lemon flavoring
3 c. all-purpose flour
1 c. Sprite, 7-UP, or Sierra Mist (I used Sprite)


 Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Cream butter. Add sugar, 1 cup at a time, mixing after each addition. 
Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing after each addition.
 Add butter and lemon extracts and mix well.
 Add flour, 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
 Add soft drink, then mix together until combined. Scrape sides of bowl,
then mix briefly.

Pour into a greased Bundt pan and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes,
until the cake is no longer jiggly.

Remove cake from oven and invert pan until cake drops out.
 Slice and chow down!

 

Oh those fresh Summer strawberries.....
aren't they simply beautiful?




The end result.....worth the wait!


I think it's impossible to be in a bad mood
when eating strawberry shortcake!!!!

6 comments:

  1. Yes, you shocked me! 😁 I have never tried one of Ree's recipes that I did not like. I am sure this pound cake would be no exception, especially with your endorsement. A few people in my family would turn up their noses at the strawberry shortcake made with pound cake preferring a biscuit for authenticity. Oh I just can't make everybody happy all the time. If it's cool enough tomorrow, I'd like to bake that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it looks beautiful, too, Betsy! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I usually like Ree's recipes but I'm not so crazy about her products. This sounds good. I would have to go to the store to get some of the ingredients. We do not keep soda in the house since I can't drink it with my stomach problems.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for the recipe! I will be making this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, you had me going! Also with three sticks of butter of course it was good! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.