January 1, 2024

NEW YEARS EVE FESTIVITES ON A WINTER WOODS TABLESCAPE

Hello Loves....
We made it....
welcome 2024...may it be a blessed year for us all....
Winter is the ultimate season to make our homes cozy.....
some will enjoy the hush of newly fallen snow, while others
will simply enjoy the quietness that cold winter days bring to us....
I was ahead of the game this year storing away all the 
Christmas decor and managed to create a winter tablescape
in the formal dining room...let's take a peek......



An all white or creamy ivory look sets the stage for a wintery look....
a bit of mercury glass and sparkle, along with a birch bark tree
were focal points I wanted to incorporate.....


There is certainly a chill in the air and frosted pine branches
accent the lovely glass candle holders......



I love using a bit of glam in this look and white candles
complete the look....



I can find peace and comfort in this little vignette....
you can imagine yourself walking in the winter woods,
hearing the crunch of snow beneath your boots,
yet take in all the quietness of the woodlands....



I love this set of ivory trees...
even though I did not use them during the holidays this year,
I thought they would be perfect for the winter season.....



It's very satisfying to use items you have from the past
and incorporate them into a brand new look.....



I SIMPLY ADORE BIRCH TREES......



Have you thought about a Winter Bucket List for this year.....???


Perhaps it included baking your favorite cookies....
take an evening walk and search for the North Star....
curl up on the sofa with a soft throw and read a new favorite book.....


As winter can be dreary some days,
it's a good idea to incorporate twinkle lights in certain
areas of our homes....

There is no better way than to celebrate the coming
of the New Year, by creating something wonderful at home....
we all prepared some fabulous appetizers and watched
a terrific movie together.....



Greg created this marvelous stuffed shrimp...with
crab and artichokes...a masterpiece...


A delicious and creamy crab dip.....



Fresh Mozzarella, to go along with the Italian meats...



Green olives with pimento



And my homemade red velvet cake....



what a delightful ending


Our movie for the night was THE HOLDOVERS....
it was five star....so loved this movie.....



I have plans for this year....goals I want to achieve....
I want to embrace each season with happy anticipation...
try new recipes......read through cookbooks....
read good books...enjoy old movies....
take walks....trying to never lose my love for creating......


I want to have romantic cocktail hours with the love of  my life.....
I hope to bring quality content to Estelle's
and hope you will continue to visit....
I hope to make this year....a very good one.....
to plan for the Summer and fill the pots with beautiful florals...
to plan for the Autumn season and decorate for Halloween...
and then to create a beautiful holiday home.....
Let's celebrate the time we are given with love in our hearts.....



3 comments:

  1. Your very last comment is a wonderful sentiment! Best wishes to you for a wonderful new year~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Betsy, I saw , move over Martha Stewart, there's a new decorator in town. I love seeing how you create tablescapes. Always pretty with delicious foods. Blessings for a fabulous New Year. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen and AMEN!!! I love you and the way you celebrate every single occasion with such grace and elegance!
    My goals this year match up with yours......and I will find The Holdovers and watch it with Louis Dean. Have never even heard of this movie - but I do tend to live under a rock! Happy New Year, my dear!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.