October 9, 2023

THE DAYS IN OCTOBER...A BIRTHDAY AND FIRST HOMECOMING, FALL FOODS AND DECOR




Hello to all my fall kindred spirits....it's marvelous isn't it?
Simply marvelous...

there is something very special about the month of October...what a gift it is...
the fall weather has arrived and it has definitely renewed our spirits.....
it's actually been SWEATAH WEATHAH...in the great state of Texas! 



Our grandson celebrated his 21st birthday....
he is happy....he's continuing his college education...sharing
an apartment with best friends...and is in love....
remember those fun days?
He is kind, soft spoken, extremely polite and sweet...not to mention HANDSOME!



Luke the Duke looked like a million bucks for his first high school homecoming....
he's loving and enjoying his school days this year...
lots of good friends, sports and social activities and good grades....
makes us all quite happy and grateful

Here are a few fall touches around the house.....



Love, love, love these....Walmart has beautiful and very affordable pillows.....



Mrs. Meyer's autumn scents are soooo good.....



Still working on the Butler's Pantry....



I am going minimal this year....
my front door fall wreath....



Fall florals for the front urns....



This will do for the season....
I decided not to purchase pumpkins or mums this year...a bit pricey....
The darling will be having his second knee replacement surgery
this month, so I am gearing up for at home care....



We spruced up the patio for these marvelous fall days...


I adore seasonal pillows....


This little guy has weathered well for several outdoor seasons...
he's like reconnecting with an old friend....



It was the perfect time to mix up a batch of spiced tea....


Sunday mornings are meant for porch sitting with the
temperature reading 63 degrees...


This is perfect grilling weather....
we smoked some delicious chicken thighs,
and I made a delicious potato salad and asparagus casserole..divine I tell you....


And...absolutely scrumptious homemade apple hand pies...



I am doing a different look for Thanksgiving this year and am
really excited about this....working on the table which I will
show on an upcoming post.......


The family looks forward to the appetizers on Thanksgiving
almost as much as the dinner....
I love finding unique items to add such as this Italian Strawberry Preserves...
beautifully paired with deli cheeses....



It's a blessing to celebrate your days.....
make the most of the season and your family....
Be still, and sit quietly...think of lovely past memories from childhood



We love Lucy....I think she could be Mae Mobley's baby....



LOVE Y'ALL TO BITS....

8 comments:

  1. Lots of autumn enjoyment in your family, Betsy! Here at my home, too! Birthdays add to the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all your fall decorations. So pretty, just made me want to come visit. I never thought of strawberry preserves with cheese but brie maybe or someother soft cheese. I think I'll try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your fall touches around the house. I need some new fall pillow covers! The apple pies look very yummy too. I made some apple crunch...oh my! Happy Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Betsy! I always LOVE coming here and reading your sweet posts. I always find the love of your family and home here and it puts a smile on my face. Lovely, lovely, lovely---all the way around. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many pretty sights around your house and good foods to eat. I really have to say there's no shortage of good looking men in your family. LOL I am shocked at Luke growing so quickly, so it seems anyway. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some of the same pillows!
    What a beautiful post! Filled with fun and family! LOVE the fallish weather! I was so happy when the front came in that I nearly cried!

    Prayers for your husband on the knee replacement. I have had both done and am so thankful for them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful photo of your grandson and the family on his birthday all dressed up. And a fun time for your other grandson on his first high school Homecoming. Fun times for sure. I have another blog friend who loves Susan Branch calendars and such. They are delightful. The strawberry preserves sound Yummy, and those apple pies you made! I love that pretty velvet pumpkin in the cranberry color. It's perfect for Thanksgiving, and you set a lovely table with the pine cones. A cute cat picture, and I love that one of you throwing the leaves in the air. That's a Fall photo to treasure.

    Have a sweet October week, Betsy. I am enjoying your Autumn posts so much.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmmm….potato salad and asparagus casserole 🥘! That sounds divine!! Do I cook asparagus first and then just mix together or actually cook together??

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.