October 15, 2023

OUR FAVORITE TACO SOUP

Oh October...I love you so......

Big Tex went up a few weeks ago at the fairgrounds and last Friday was
the opening of our state fair.
Our weather has been just delightful....sunny, cool days.....

Today, I am sharing a delicious soup recipe that you will want
to add to your "must make" recipe list for when
you are enjoying a crisp and cool autumn evening.....

ESTELLE'S TACO SOUP
1 lb. ground chuck
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can pinto beans
1 can Great Northern Beans
1 can Rotel Tomatoes
1 can diced Mexican style tomatoes
1 can Southwestern Corn
1 can Beef Broth
2 T. Taco Seasoning
2 T. Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
Tortilla Chips
South Cream
Cheddar Cheese



Brown ground chuck in large Dutch oven
Drain grease from the browned beef.
Drain and rise the black beans Add to the ground chuck.
Add remaining undrained cans of veggies..
Heat to a simmer.
Allow to simmer for at least one hour for flavors to combine.
Serve hot topped with Tortilla chips, sour cream and cheddar cheese.



Hope y'all enjoy this one...it's so good!





3 comments:

  1. Taco Soup will always remind me of my sister, Nita. I have her handwritten recipe (very similar to yours) that was really my sister, Deanie's recipe. However, it was Nita who copied it off for me. She took it to the family reunion some years ago and she and Mike had a brand new car. The soup spilled over in the back of their BRAND NEW CAR and when I was standing in the food line with Mike on Saturday at the Whitfield Family Reunion - I mentioned her taco soup. He responded with, "YES! I remember!!! We had just bought the car!!!" over half of it spilled out but we all ate the rest! He took Louis Dean and me to the family reunion yesterday in that very same car.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen a lot of taco soup recipes, but this looks like an excellent one. I'm looking forward to trying it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this looks delicious. I love Mexican food. I just made tacos recently. Your chips look pretty sturdy too, like they won't break easily, very nice. The cheese and sour cream add something extra. This soup is just right for the cold Winter days coming.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.