September 17, 2023

THE PERFECT LITTLE LOAF CAKE



Well good morning loves....I have a gem of a little recipe for you today..
Now, listen....we have finally had RAIN in our glorious little city after
months of drought....it's the most marvelous feeling of all....
and a rainy September day, means another round of fall baking!
So move over Starbucks...this vintage little loaf cake rivals the best of the best
store bought and I'll just bet you have all the ingredients needed in your kitchen right now!!!
 

PERFECT LITTLE LOAF CAKE

1 1/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 cup butter, softened
2 cups flour
2 t. baking powder
1 t. vanilla

GLAZE
1 cup powdered sugar
Juice of one lemon
Blend sugar and butter well with hand mixer.

Add eggs and beat another minute.
.Add flour, baking powder and milk alternately, while beating together,
Add vanilla and blend.
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes.

Allow cake to cool a bit before inverting onto a serving plate.

Make the glaze by adding a fresh lemon squeezed into the
powdered sugar and mixed until smooth.
Pour over warm cake!
Enjoy!



Yes, it's vintage, it's easy and absolutely delicious!






5 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy,

    My mom gave me a vintage Betty Crocker cookbook for Christmas last year. I love those kinds of cookbooks. :) This loaf cake looks just divine!! Your pictures make me wish for a slice right this minute!! :D Anything with a lemon glaze sounds good to me, and the cake itself looks so moist. Thank you for sharing the recipe with us. I'm so glad you got some rain; I know you all have had the TOUGHEST summer there with the heat and drought.

    Hope you have a wonderful week, my friend!

    Hugs,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you got some rain! It's such a good feeling, and California received plenty of it, after months of drought. Your loaf cake looks absolutely amazing. And the glaze with the lemon really makes it better. You know, I love anything Betty Crocker. Oh, this looks so good, and a slice would be perfect with my Starbuck's. ; )

    A lovely September week to you, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Betsy,
    Thanks for sharing the recipe! I love this kind of baking! Perfect for serving to family or guests!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Fall... Looks delicious! Hope you are well and enjoying some baking weather soon! You my dear are a great cook and baker! Hugs, Roxy

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.