September 20, 2023

APRICOT FRIED PIES AND A FEW FALL TOUCHES IN THE KITCHEN


Good Morning loves....
I know you are all watching closely as summer turns into the autumn season....
we have had some cooler rainy days and the leaves are beginning to fall....
September has seemed to pass so quickly...I am enjoying each and every minute.....
Today, we are in the kitchen doing some fall baking and changing up decor
to complete the fall decorating....



I did not fuss over the space by the kitchen window....
just put together a few pieces I love looking at.....



I love my Mother's vintage bean pot so very much....
I can remember this from being a very young child...isn't it marvelous
to own pieces from family.....


I love old things....they have a story and history to share.....


I have enjoyed this little pitcher for many years..
glad I snapped a picture before darling little Lucy knocked it over and broke it.....Now..
let's talk about some delicious fried pies.....shall we?



APRICOT FRIED PIES
1 package of dried apricots
2 cups water
1 T. Lemon Juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 t. cinnamon
2 T. butter
1 T. peach jam
1 tube of buttermilk grand biscuits

Place dried apricots in small saucepan. Add 2 cups water and gently boil
until the apricots are very tender and a consistency of jam.
Add the lemon juice and sugar , and cinnamon......and continue to simmer.
Then mash the apricots to your desired consistency.
Add the butter and the jam and combine gently.

Roll each biscuit into a 5 or 6 inch round.
Place 2 T. of apricot mixture in the center of each biscuit.
Fold over and crimp the edges tightly.
Place in freezer for 15 minutes.
Then fry the biscuits in vegetable oil until lightly golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar and enjoy!






Truth be told...these were scrumptious!
I was never sold on using canned biscuits for making fried pies,
as I preferred my homemade pie crust dough....
however....it works beautifully and tastes delicious!
Fried Pies and Fall go together like peas and carrots!
Thank y'all for visiting today!







 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Betsy, Your tray of cookies and the fried pies look delicious!! I love, love fall baking. I'm so sorry Lucy accidentally broke your pitcher; it's like having a child in the house, isn't it? :D Thanks for sharing your recipe and have a wonderful week!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  2. My family's favorite. I make pie crust and cut roll out in circles. Use fresh or frozen apricots cooked down with sugar. My husband's grandmother in OK made these and I'm carrying on the tradition. So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had fried apple pies and fried peach pies but ever apricot. That does sound delish though so maybe I need to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I have to first say that I love that coffee up, it's delightful. I have a thing for unique and pretty cups. And those cookies! So many charming Fall things you put out in your kitchen. The kitchen is the gathering place in the home, and it's nice to have a few Fall touches there also. That pumpkin pie serving dish is so cute, and your Mother's vintage bean pot is very nice. Old things are so special to keep through the years. Oh my, these apricot fried pies look amazing. I've never heard of them, maybe a Southern dish? The powdered sugar sprinkled on top adds something. I am really enjoying your Fall posts, Betsy. They are filled with many creative ideas and charming decorating. And a pretty picture of you, by the way. : )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, it was a lovely pitcher. And no doubt Lucy certainly didn't mean to do it. She's just young and uncoordinated at this point. LOL! Always love your posts, Betsy. I have the coveted bean pot that belonged to my MIL. Would you believe I just look at it and won't use it for fear of something happening to it. My MIL used it all the time! And I also have those VPH checkered pumpkins...I got the orange ones. Love them and think they're pretty darn cute! Happy Fall!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My favorite pie is apricot from Collin Street Bakery! Years and years ago when I was a child, my mother would take me to August's Pie Bakery and I would buy day old pastries - apricot pie was top of of the list!
    I'm saving this recipe to make on Monday when Grandson Robert and Ruth Ann will be here visiting. How fun will this be!!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.