July 18, 2023

MEME'S APPLE CAKE

Good Morning Loves...
today, I am sharing MeMe's fresh apple cake
which is simply delicious and so, so easy!
It calls for only TWO Granny Smith apples which
is exactly what I had on hand, so how
perfect to try a new recipe for the upcoming fall season!
I am a big fan of MeMe who shares her recipes on
You Tube from South Carolina....
she has a delightful southern accent and loves
to prepare delicious foods for her grown children and grandchildren!
 

Here are the ingredients for MeMe's fresh apple cake...
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cup vegetable oil
3 eggs

Mix well with a mixer until well combined.

Blend in 2 1/2 cups SELF-RISING flour
2 chopped and peeled Granny Smith Apples
1 cup coconut
1 t. cinnamon

Bake in a well greased Bundt pan at 350 degrees for 1 hour




Allow cake to cool completely.



The Caramel Glaze

1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup milk

Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes....stirring often.
Allow to cool before pouring over cake.
Sauce will thicken as it cools.


We loved this MeMe...thank you as always..
and, boy did the house smell heavenly as it baked......







4 comments:

  1. Oooo, it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gonna have to make this one!!! YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, the apple cake looks scrumptious. So moist and Yummy. I think the caramel glaze makes it. Apples always remind me of Fall. I will send this to the girls, as they love to bake, especially wonderful desserts during the Fall season. Thanks for the recipe, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    **there's nothing like cinnamon in the Fall. ; )

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.