January 22, 2022

BAKED ZITI.......ANOTHER DELICIOUS WINTER RECIPE

Good Morning Lovies!
Oh I am thrilled you stopped by the blog today...
Winter is the perfect time for comfort food
and this recipe puts together the very best aspects of 
an Italian classic, Baked Ziti.....pasta, sauce and cheese..all the best
of a hearty casserole!


Baked Ziti
1 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1/2 lb ziti pasta
4 T. butter
2 large eggs
1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese

1 cup Ricotta Cheese
2 T. parsley
1 t. sweet basil

1 lb. Italian Sausage
1/2 onion, diced
14 ounce can diced tomatoes
2 cups Marinara Pasta Sauce


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Cook pasta in boiling salted water, just about 7 minutes.
Toss ziti with butter, add eggs and Parmesan.
Place pasta in baking dish.
Combine ricotta cheese, and herbs. Spread mixture over pasta.
Brown sausage and onion, Add tomatoes and pasta sauce.
Simmer for about 10 minutes.
Spread over Ricotta cheese mixture.
Bake for 25-30 minutes. Top with Mozzarella and
bake an additional 5 minutes.




8 comments:

  1. Haven't had breakfast and this sounds perfect to me. I am not able to partake of much pasta these days and really have to plan, but this sounds like a fun recipe for a family dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh that sounds so delicious....

    Nothing like a casserole, in Winter!!!!!

    🌲❄⛄🌲❄⛄🌲

    ReplyDelete
  3. omygosh.
    questa zita è bellissima!!!
    and easy enough for me to make. LOL.
    I love pasta. I never tire of it! thank you Betsy. XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, it's almost 6:00 p.m. and I just want to jump into my laptop screen and lap that up. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so going to make this! Thank you for the recipe....everything you make looks so GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is my favorite! I have never made it but you make it look so easy! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adding to my menu this week! Looks delicious and so perfect for a cold evening meal. Thanks. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.