February 8, 2021

VALENTINE'S DAY BRUNCH

 


We are going to honor Valentine's Day
with a brunch for two.....at home! And
a bit early so I could share it all with each of you!
In order to make the day a little bit special,
I decided to set the farmhouse table
with a casual theme reminiscent of
the brunch we experienced while staying
down in Fredericksburg at Hoffman Haus!
If you are a guest at this Bed and Breakfast,
you will be visited by an employee
delivering a picnic basket with a lovely
hot breakfast for two.....


This was my inspiration for today's brunch.....
my little version of a Bed and Breakfast guest-worthy treat!


April, 2017
We noshed on a quiche, sausage patties, a chocolate chip scone,
fresh fruit and orange juice!
This was more than plenty before
starting off to tour the fields of spring wildflowers!


Today's brunch was pretty much a copy cat of their delightful
brunch.....I love this brand of scone mix...very easy to make,
and the scones are tender and light!


Dusted with a little powdered sugar, hot from the oven.......


Fresh Fruit with Vanilla Cream


Midnight Spinach Quiche
My go-to quiche recipe was shared by Susan
at Little Poet You Tube...best one I have ever made!


Breakfast Sausages


Nothing makes your home feel cozier than creating
delicious meals and treats in your own kitchen!


Pink Grapefruit Punch


WINTER ENTERTAIN AND CELEBRATE
2020

I hope you gathered a bit of inspiration
to host a casual brunch for your Valentine...it was fun
and indeed felt a bit special!



11 comments:

  1. That looks lovely! I love this kind of meal anytime of day! Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you are off to a great start this week Deanna...thank you for stopping by today! Stay warm!

      Delete
  2. Oh my goodness, Betsy-- how delicious and lovely to look at!!! You're making me hungry! :D I love, love quiche, scones, and fresh fruit. A Valentine's brunch is such a good idea. I'm still thinking about what to fix this coming weekend. My mind won't move past the dessert at the moment. :D Your dishes, linens, and glasses of punch really are lovely -- such a pretty table, my friend. Thanks for your visit and kind comments last week; I'm glad you enjoyed the "fashion show." I'll be sharing some more later this week.

    Warm hugs to you,

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Denise...thank you for visiting today and leaving such lovely and kind comments....I so look forward to your next fashion post....have a lovely week dear Denise!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Denise. Everything looks so delicious and lovely to look at. You are so talented. How special to have brunch served in a picnic basket! So cute. I also watch Susan every week. I'll be sure to try your quiche. Hugs from MI!

    ReplyDelete
  4. if 'They' should ever ask you...
    (I mean someday Far ... Very Far into the future... when you're being interviewed)
    "and what did you do in your life Betsy?"
    you must say with that beautiful effortless smile and with a tiny twinkle in your eyes...
    "Me? why I'm sure I have always been in the Memory Making business! thank you btw for asking!
    it makes people happy you know. and it helped us All get through very hard times like the famous pandemic!
    now. would you like another slice of this Delicious quiche?"

    LOLOL!!! (the hearty laughter is Mine!) I truly can see this happening! I'm so glad to know YOU!
    and Happy Valentine's Day dear Betsy! XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Tammy...your kind words just leave me speechless...I thank you from the bottom of my heart for lifting my spirits....I am so happy to hear you enjoy my posts and I can give you a smile and a good recipe to try! Sharing our lives really connect us and help us to bond a friendship across the miles...sending you hugs and much love!

      Delete
  5. I love it! You have inspired me! Louis Dean and I get our second dose of the Covid vaccine on Saturday and are prepared to lay low and take it easy on Sunday.....so a special Valentine brunch is just perfect! I’ll do the prep on Saturday morning since our appointment is later in the afternoon. What a great idea! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sweet Linda...I do think a brunch would just be the perfect thing for you two love birds....in your brand new kitchen no less....enjoy your special day and celebrate your wonderful marriage...I look forward to seeing what you come up with...warm hugs!

      Delete
  6. How perfect is this lil celebration!!! And that quiche!!! More grand ideas!
    Valentines Day is the last of our bday celebrations until March...thank goodness. Out of the 14 in our family circle, we’ve had 9 bdays since new yrs eve!!! V day is my baby boy’s 35th 😳 birthday and there can’t be one red Cupid heart around...he was so tired of sharing his bday..hahahahaha!
    Funny story? Back then, we planned the birth of our 3rd child -a daughter-to be ON Valentine’s Day cuz how sweet would it be for a little girl to have a V day birthday??? That little girl ended up being a 9 lb 14 oz baby BOY!!!!! Best valentine of my life!!!❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now THAT is a funny story..one I am sure he loves hearing over and over.....big ole Valentine baby boy!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.