February 13, 2021

REE DRUMMOND'S RUM CAKE....WINTER BAKING SERIES




It's Winter here in Texas...no snow, but days of
rather cold temps!
I love to bake and try new recipes
so that the kitchen stays busy and offers us
good comfort food.
I came across Ree Drummond's Rum Cake last week
which she stated was a Christmas favorite from her mother-in-law!
The funny thing is, my mother made her Rum Cake every year
during the holidays, and it brought back some delightful memories for me!

With few ingredients, you can bake up a divine cake
that has an incredible aroma while in the oven....

Our family just loved this cake which would always be
featured on the dining room sideboard at Christmas.....
I added the link for Ree's recipe as it's fun to read her
description of the recipes.....obviously a warm memory for her also!
Maybe this will be on your weekend menu as a reminder
to show some lovin' from your oven!

 



WINTER HYGGE

No comments:

Post a Comment

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.