September 23, 2018

THE BIRTHDAY AND THE WEDDING WEEKEND



HELLO LOVES!
How was your weekend?
We had marvelous rain.....lots of rain!
I cannot complain as it was much needed
however, this caused high school football games to be cancelled
and.....it was a wedding weekend for Rob's close friends...
we learned a long time ago, you can never be afraid to get wet...
so first and foremost....
let's wish THE DIVINE MISS M
a
VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
You look mahvelous darling girl!!!!


I was able to spend a very fun afternoon with Rob, before the
festivities started...we had a shopping trip and enjoyed
lunch at a favorite Mexican restaurant!


This is always a treat for me....to have lunch
with one of our kiddos....a great time to catch up with each other!


Hey Good Lookin'......
He is great at allowing me to snap a photo of him when he's home....
this was right before he was off to the Rehearsal and Rehearsal dinner!


I was able to finish all my fall decorating for the gathering.
We were hosting the Groom's party before the actual wedding
so I wanted the house to look festive and warm....especially on such a rainy, humid day.


Their chosen colors of the wedding were Wisteria and silver.
So I wanted to incorporate the purple and lavender in the
groom's gathering.


I love colors of fall for weddings.....
and I loved, loved, loved their invitation!


I have four sets of these Pioneer Woman glasses and just love using them
for both everyday and also for special occasions!


Lots of beer, cokes and water for these big ole' guys....
they have been friends since kindergarten...can you believe that?


I thought very carefully about the menu for these guys...
you know it's very different planning for men than it is woman...
so I finally decided on a crockpot 15 bean chili, assorted cheeses and crackers,
smoked ham and roasted turkey sandwiches, Italian meats and cheeses, 
chips dip, olives, grape tomatoes and fig-olive goat cheese with raspberry salsa...
for a sweet ending, red velvet and devil's food cupcakes, and assorted Tate's cookies!


I thought it best for the menu to be all self-serve and allow
them to have a relaxing gathering before dressing for the wedding...
which they certainly did!


I hope there is enough food as we are hosting eight of these guys!


I love goat cheese don't you?
Especially with a dollop of something sweet and tangy like
the raspberry salsa!


I wish y'all could smell the aroma of that delicious chili simmering away.....


I am a huge fan of Tate's cookies....
chocolate chip, chocolate chip with walnuts and oatmeal raisin cookies!


These are Kimberly cupcakes.....if you have never tried them,
they are delicious!


And yes ma'am....this is an AGGIE HOUSE
and the game is on as we speak....
however, we play ALABAMA and it's a wonder
if anyone can beat Bama'!!!!
GIG EM'


I have just been told that the 15-bean chili is a real hit!!!!


Well, this was such fun to host Robbie's friends and
I think this was perfect to tide them over until the reception dinner...
it's an evening wedding so it promises to be beautiful.....


And, indeed it was a lovely affair...
wishing the bride and her groom must happiness and joy in their marriage...


stay kind and true to each other..May God shine his grace upon you both.

18 comments:

  1. You put on a wonderful spread for those 'boys'! You did a really great job and I know it was much appreciated. It sounds like a wonderful wedding and WE had a SURPRISE wedding this weekend that I posted about---everyone thought it was an engagement party but it was THE REAL WEDDING instead. It was wonderful!! Hope you have a great week. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hopping over to visit you today Diana....that must have been a real surprise for everyone! I always cry at weddings and this was no exception. It was a marvelous time..hope things are settling from your move....cannot wait to hear all about it...sending warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. Everything looked wonderful. You are right, no silly food for guys. They want real food. A perfect spread and a beautiful wedding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweet Kathy....hope y'all have a great week...I'll bet cool weather is up your way!

      Delete
  3. Goodness! Every photo was worthy of a magazine layout! Love how you incorporated your fall colors with those of the wedding. So beautiful! The food looked good and filling!
    I always enjoy seeing your Divine Miss M and how close the two of you are and how you manage to be a big part of one another’s life in spite of the distance. I fully recognize that this doesnt just accidentally happen. I really admire that about y’all! You have a wonderful gift for being a mother to grown up children and that’s not nearly as easy as it sounds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda...you are so kind. Thank you! I would have them all live with us if I could! I adore each of them and I know you feel the same about your four! Listen darling girl...you have shared all your wonderful adventures with your followers and it's been a sheer delight! Travel safely as you make your way home....big hugs for you both!

      Delete
  4. You are the best. Really, just the best! You should have a tv show. Move over Martha Stewart; Betsy's here and she's fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well thank you ever so much! I enjoyed hosting them and I so hope they were able to have a relaxing afternoon...they are marevlous guys! Hope your week is lovely and full of fun!

      Delete
  5. You are such a wonderful hostess. Those guys couldn’t have had it any better. Your grandson looks a lot like this uncle... Good genes!

    Yes, Happy Birthday to your beautiful daughter🎈

    Many blessings to the newlyweds...👰🏼

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are very sweet Vee...thank you! I should mention that the honeymoon for these two is in Portland, Maine...we gave them ideas on sights to see and places to eat...they will love it!

      Delete
  6. You're a marvelous hostess because you think about your guests and what they would enjoy! Looks like a perfect spread of food for men, and what a lovely wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the best weddings I have ever been to Deanna....these two planned every detail! I adore weddings and I know you do to!

      Delete
  7. Looks like a fabulous weekend! Your party looks wonderful. Hope you have some time to put your feet up this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Katie....it was all wonderful. Rather sad it's all over...hope you are enjoying some beautiful fall New England weather...warm hugs!

      Delete
  8. oh my! a tour de force of love and happiness!
    I agree with Miss Dishywoo!
    it could be called Betsy's Way. and it would be your touch in everything. cooking and décor.
    from home to celebrations to holidays to restoring the importance of all things FAMILY!
    and Miss Mae Mobley would have a special appearance always. but of course! LOL! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Miss Tammy..it is all about family....at least for me....sure do love them....I love your visits and wish you a beautiful week ahead!

      Delete
  9. Betsy, You have to be the hostess with the most-est. :):) What a wonderful spread for a group of hardy young men. Yes, your son is a doll.Your children are all gorgeous...must be some good genes. :) I loved what you wished for the young couple. Blessings to all, xoxo, Susie
    p.s. happy birthday to your lovely daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Susie..thank you! It was such a special occasion....I could barely believe that these guys have been friends since they were four...time marches on! So appreciate your visit today! Hugs dear one!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.