September 26, 2018

UPDATING LAST YEARS FALL DECOR....A FUN DIY PROJECT


I love this little corner....
You will know it's fall when you enter the foyer at Estelle's!
I painted the wooden letters two years ago, and have since then,
placed them in this exact spot on the stairway.
However, I started thinking about them, and the idea
came to me that I should update them a little bit......


Oh yes, another great way to make use of all that scrapbook paper!


I love a touch of glam to any little vignette and decided to
make a layered display with these inexpensive pumpkins
from WalMart.


I think the key to good decorating is to learn to LAYER....it makes a difference!


You can see more detail on the patterns I decided to blend together....love!


I think it added more depth and interest......


I think these are about $1.00 each....


And, there you have it.....a new look for old decor!
I do think our love of the season gives us all kinds of inspiration!



One more finishing touch.....a beautiful Mae Mobley!

7 comments:

  1. Re doing the fall letters was so clever. I really like the way they look. That is an adorable entry. So sweet with the cat posing right there on the steps too. :) I have do some decorating and then some rearranging. LOL I need to work on the outside too. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the papers you chose to update FALL! So pretty! Those are really interesting pumpkins, too, and your rug is adorable! It is FALL at Estelle's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT update. I love the way the letters turned out and the pumpkin is adorable. WHERE did you get that rug? lol I want one!!
    Have a wonderful Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diana...I have had this rug for a few years and it came from Amazon!

      Delete
  4. Those letters are cool. You are very good with pattern and color. Miss Mae always adds charm and grace whenever she appears. What a beautiful coat of fur she has.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love what you did! Our taste changes and sometimes we just want something new. Updating with paint and paper is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your letters are very cool, but I...like several others, am in love with the rug!! Princess Posie thinks we need one ASAP!!
    Love your kittie pictures, she is a beauty!
    Blessings,
    J

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.