October 25, 2021

OKTOBERFEST CELEBRATION

 

Hello all you October lovers out there...
how has the month been for you???
I would say the sweet month of October has just flown by
with Texas weather being so much milder than the past few years....
we enjoyed a marvelous weekend with two of our boys  and
I threw an impromptu Oktober fest celebration.........

While they took in a matinee at the theater, I set up a fun little snack table!

Seasonal mugs for apple cider.......


I used my Mud Pie fall plates for serving pieces......


Can you believe Halloween is next Sunday???


With the significant increase in the price of groceries,
I decided to see what I could put together with  what we had on hand....
a little snack mix with Chex cereal, Bugles and Caramel Corn!


Deli roast beef with dill chips.....


Grilled Kielbasa......


And, I managed to get one of the two large pumpkins
carved into a Jack o' Lantern!!


I wasn't going to let the season pass without
pumpkin carving......


Well Hi ya' JACK!


Mexican Fruit Salad


Rolo Pretzel Bites


Fried Apple and Rhubarb Hand Pies


We spent a delightful afternoon on the patio.....


It sure puts a pep in your step to have your children
home for a few days......
thanks for the memories Miss October!




7 comments:

  1. It's always fun to have the kids home for a bit! All of our kids will be with us for Thanksgiving this year! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great photos of the two of you. And oh my...those pretzels bites look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betsy,

    All of your snacks look delicious -- good enough to eat. ;) The plates and mugs are so pretty and evocative of the fall season. I know you must have loved having those two boys for a whole weekend! Your Oktober Fest looks like great fun, Betsy; thanks for sharing with us. Hope you enjoy this last week of October!

    Denise at Forest Manor

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderful post to the last days of October!
    each picture was a delight.
    and I found myself thinking... WOW. the wives of those boys have a hard act to follow!
    but your beautiful and generous heart delights in their achievements too.
    who could ask for a sweeter mother in law! ??? you are the Maker of Memories! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can hostess at any time and in any place with 'what you have on hand!' AND it all looks absolutely delicious!! I know what you mean about having your children at home! Mt daughters have visited my home since I out up the fall decorations but my sons were not able to see them. One is recovering from a serious accident and the other is working full time and going to college. No matter.....I love my debris and put it up whether anyone sees it or not.....but I was disappointed that there wasn't an opportunity for my grands to see the den all dressed up for Halloween! We mothers treasure our moments, don't we?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Betsy, what a perfect post to close out October! Came over from your comment at Vee's. Happy to meet you! ~ Jean

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jean...thank you for stopping by today and welcome to Estelle's...so lovely to meet you also....Happy Halloween love!

      Delete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.