March 18, 2018

BREAKFAST, VOLLEYBALL FINALE AND THE STRAWBERRY PIE




Hello Lovies.....how's the weekend going?
Over Hot-Lanta way, Miss M joined
Luke the Duke, and Caden for
Munchkins with Moms on Friday morning!
Cutest little boys ever!!!

Our Texas kiddos have enjoyed SPRING BREAK
this week, so local excursions were on the agenda.....


A friend of ours visited The Silo's down in Waco this past week....
he noted it was CROWDED......BIG TIME CROWDED!


We had plans for a few months to drive down one
weekend and go shopping however, I believe I have changed my mind...
I don't enjoy anyplace this crowded and jammed with people
and traffic!
Waco is a small little town and this is just too many visitors!!
The Darling seemed somewhat relieved I have decided to put this off awhile.......


Saturday was a marvelous day.....
we enjoyed a late morning breakfast....our favorite kind.....


Then, it was off to Trader Joe's and a great shopping trip
with a basket full of goodness coming home with us.
Orange Chicken with fresh Broccoli and Spring Rolls 
are on the menu this week....now there's something to look forward to....


Then, we took off to Colleyville for the final Select Volleyball play-off's....


Now that Spring Break is over, it will be on to Prom
and Graduation at lightening speed.......


 I still can't believe our beautiful and sweet grandbaby
is now 18 years old and college bound.......


Sunday morning always call of hot cinnamon rolls....


I love using these early morning hours to sip coffee
and catch up on my You Tube channels.....



I am treating the darling to a new recipe which I found
on BJ's blog last week.....I knew I had to try it as
Strawberry Pie is a favorite of the Darling's......


Viola'.....we're going to eat well tonight...thank you BJ!
You can find the recipe over at BJ's blog......


5 comments:

  1. I would think a fall trip mid week for The Silos would be perfect for you! It is an amazing experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this recipe earlier this week...think I'll make it next weekend. Looks scrumptious!
    and I totally agree with you on Waco...waaaay too much for me to enjoy that drive over. My girlfriends and I were thinking of going to Pioneer Woman's mercantile but I'm thinking it might be the same...
    Glad you enjoyed your trip to see your girl....made my heart warm reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you put it that way, a trip to the Silos does not sound like a treat, more like a torture. ☺️

    Oh that pie! Alas, it would not be good for me to bake a thing unless company is soon to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just can't believe how crowded the Silos always seem to be!

    Your cinnamon rolls looks good and so does that pie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betsy, Lots of fun and good foods around your place. Your g.daughter is a pretty girl. They grow way too quickly for me, how about you? Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.