December 5, 2017

WINTER SKIN CARE


Cooler weather can bring on dry skin so it's a luxury
to keep your skin hydrated with lots of water and moisturizing
bath products.
I am loving this trio of body wash from Olay!


I have purchased a few products from e.l.f. in the past
but when I came across this facial starter kit, I knew I wanted to try it out.
So far, I am very pleased with this beauty routine...it's three products
that keep it simple and clean....the entire trio cost $18.00. 
Love it!


I love stocking all the bathrooms with new bath and beauty items 
when family is visiting.
It can make everyone feel a bit special that you
thought of them and they get to try new scents and products!
These three body washes are
SOOTHING in Orchid and Black Current
PURIFYING in Fresh Water and Lavender
COOLING in White Strawberry and Mint


I am over the moon happy with this new IT foundation.
I finally took the plunge in trying this "powder foundation"
after deciding I did not want to wear a liquid foundation for every day,
especially when traveling.
This has beautiful coverage and feels so light compared to liquid.
I recommended this to Miss M and my sister, who both
have lovely complexions.
Everyone, I mean everyone needs to look pulled together
and put your best foot forward for a fresh and pretty appearance.


Here is a gorgeous eye color palette from Milani.....


This is my favorite eye shadow palette for the fall and winter months!
I love, love, love Milani products....
their eyeshadow goes on so smoothly and light!
Their lipsticks are also moisturizing and not at all drying!
The color palette I chose for fall is Plum Basics
and the lip color is Rose Femme.


Of course, let's not forget our mani/pedi's!
I love these OPI shades for autumn through winter.....
An Affair at Red Square
Meet Me on the Star Ferry
I'm Not Really a Waitress

OMG...the names alone are fabulous!!!!!!

I would love to know what beauty products you have chosen
for your side of the vanity recently!

15 comments:

  1. Oh, the dry winter skin. I battle with it each year. I am a member of Julep and get their beauty products each month. I am in love with their products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy...love that you shared some favorite beauty products today. I love Julep too! Warm hugs!

      Delete
  2. My skin gets dry, too! Thanks for sharing some products to help with it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know in all the cold weather you have there in PA. it must be a bit rough...lotion up Deanna! Hope you found something you would like to try!

      Delete
  3. Betsy, The nail polish names is so fun. I like Olay products. I use a lot of Aveeno lotions. I like if they are not heavily scented. I love those eye shadow shades. I use plum colors a lot. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes Susie..Aveeno does have wonderful skin products...thank you for this!

      Delete
  4. Those names are hilarious, especially the last. I think your guests must feel wonderfully pampered. I love my IT foundation, too. So easy and I am all about easy these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you VEE.....easy it is! Wouldn't it be a rather fun job to come up with names of lipsticks and nail polish! Now, THAT would be a fun board room!

      Delete
  5. I love the Elf line. I use the It liquid foundation and now I will have to try the powder. You're costing me money, Betsy! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you will love the foundation Katie....it is a real time saver! I bought mine as a special value on QVC..The brush is wonderful too! I wish you a good week also!

      Delete
  6. I would love to use those Olay products, but anymore I have to stick with unscented. I am aveeno user because of that. I love eye shadow pallets. I've not heard of Milani, but the colours look beautiful. -Jenn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nivea makes a really moisturizing body wash too Jenn....not sure if they are unscented but I will try to find that out...Milani products are so good! I purchase mine on Amazon!

      Delete
  7. the nail polish names are perfection! LOL
    I must try the e.l.f. i love its simplicity and packaging.
    Boom Silk by Cindy Joseph (sold only on line) is what I've used for years.
    it's a totally natural product whose base is honey. and I LOVE IT! it's very soothing.
    but lately I'm trying other new things. just because it's fun.
    and it's a woman's prerogative. wow what an ugly word. it sounds more like a disease.
    and for simply wanting the luxury of CHOICE! LOL!
    thank you for this lovely post darling bean!
    you are so beautifully elegant in ALL that you do. you remind me of a classic movie star.
    btw... i have a little secret that i have done for years for my face and neck.
    and it doesn't come in a jar and it truly works!
    maybe you already do it or some of your readers do it too. but if they don't...
    here it is and it's so simple.
    i do what i call men's shaving exercises. it has kept my skin toned and my neck smooth.
    you just do all the movements they do while shaving. you pretend!
    and the younger you start these the greater your skin tone will be.
    but it's never too late. the skin is amazingly resilient.
    watch your husband the next time he shaves and just mimic his movements.
    it literally works!
    it may take awhile to regain the resilience your skin once had. but it will work.
    (insert my Elvis voice here) "thank you! thank you vera much!" xo♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy darling....as always, you have made my day! Love, love, love THIS! Not only are you sweet, funny and endearing....you are wise! We thank you for being you...love and hugs!

      Delete
  8. Those Milani Palettes are some of my favorite eyeshadows palettes! Olay has amazing products!

    plovesfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.