June 28, 2017

MENU IDEAS FOR YOUR 4TH OF JULY CELEBRATION



I thought it may be fun to revisit some past posts
for the July 4th celebration.
This actually came all too quickly....
my son had to remind me that this weekend was the
July 4th holiday.
We have had so much going on, including a new roof being put on,
that I found myself not prepared for any sort of menu......


It can be so much fun to put a themed table setting together.


What would the celebration be without ice cold watermelon.....


OH, the OAK HILL CHOCOLATE FRIED PIES
were divine.....


These were my red velvet cupcakes
with diy cupcake toppers....



Last year, I chose a nautical themed 4th...
devils food cupcakes.....


Grandmother's potato salad was on the menu....


There is nothing better than grilled burgers
and
baked beans with a side serving of cold potato salad.....


How fun to scatter Americana sweet treats around the table...


This was my homemade BBQ sauce..
so, so tangy and delicious...


Baked beans and fresh roasted corn on the cob.....


We made slow cooker Boston Butt for sandwiches
and
topped them with fresh coleslaw....


Our son number 2 requested homemade banana pudding
which I served in little canning jars...
perfect serving size....


Then treat everyone to ice cold coca-cola...
Let's make celebrating this great country of ours
a grand celebration....
love the good ole' USA.....
All of these recipes are featured on Estelle's past posts...
you may find them on the July 4th label.....
I would love to know what y'all are cooking for your holiday fun....

5 comments:

  1. Great menu and your tablescape is so pretty! Your banana puddings have me drooling!

    My deck is all ready for the 4th, so I just have to finalize the menu. We always have fireworks and friends to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can I come to your celebration! This looks divine and as usual...every attention to detail for a beautifully set table, XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that potato salad looks yummy! Have you shared the recipe before?
    Hint, hint.....
    I love your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mecelle....thank you for stopping by today. All the recipes can be found under related labels on the right side bar. You will find the potato salad recipe under 'SALADS'...have a great 4th.

      Delete
  4. Yes, we'll all just come to your place! You know how to host a party!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.