April

April

September 18, 2016

FALL SPICED TEA MIX



Fall is the perfect time to have a mixture of Spiced Tea on hand.
Mother's recipe was the absolute best which I make every October.
But one of my dear friends said she makes a variation of this
recipe and keeps it on the counter for her afternoon tea break!
What a marvelous idea!
Of course, when you catch the sniffles
it will certainly offer you comfort!

FALL INSTANT SPICED TEA MIX
1 jar of instant tea, unsweetened
1 container of Lemonade mix (I use Country Time)
1 container of orange drink mix (Tang)
Cinnamon
Allspice or Cloves
Sugar


Mix together:
3/4 cup tea
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup Tang
1 cup lemonade mix
1 t. cinnamon
1 t, cloves

I normally double this recipe, I also substitute Allspice for Ground Cloves.
You can adjust the strength according to your individual taste,
but we normally add 2-3 T. of mix to one mug of hot water.



4 comments:

  1. Oh, thank you for this recipe! I used to make this long years ago and I forgot how wonderful it was - until I read your post! Yes, I will get out Tuesday and buy the ingredients!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love this mix Linda! I know you will enjoy this when the weather finally turns a bit cooler for us! Hope y'all have a lovely week!

      Delete
  2. Love this spiced tea mix! Where did you get your mugs? Love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. H Gina! Hope you blend up some tea mix to enjoy your fall! I have had these mugs for about thirty years believe it or not...from when my chidren were small! I love them too! Thank you for visiting today!

      Delete