October 6, 2014

BANANA-STRAWBERRY PANCAKES....A TRIBUTE TO MR. JIMMY

The
Breakfast
Feast


This is Mr. Jimmy eating breakfast!
Mr. Jimmy who lived at The Maine House.......
Mr. Jimmy was Mae Mo's adopted squirrel!
Mr. Jimmy feasted on pumpkins throughout the autumn season.
Mae Mo' enjoyed his visits, especially in the morning.....
He would scamper up on the deck to gorge himself on the delightful pumpkins!
I know she must dream about him.....her little fat friend in Maine! 
I hope someone is still providing breakfast for you Mr. Jimmy......


Oh yes....why did we name him Mr. Jimmy?
Well, squirrels love peanuts (he ate those too.... in abundance) and 
we thought of a peanut farmer in Georgia, named President Jimmy Carter. 
We always did think Jimmy Carter was a bit of a nut....
so Mr. Jimmy it was.......



These are a favorite special breakfast treat for my grandchildren...
I know they will become one of your favorites too! 



BANANA STRAWBERRY PANCAKES
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
½ t. cinnamon
1 egg, beaten
1 cup milk
½ t, vanilla
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 ripe banana, mashed
Fresh Strawberries











Combine flour, white sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, mix together egg, milk, vegetable oil, vanilla and banana.
Stir flour mixture into banana mixture; batter will be slightly lumpy.
Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown. Top with fresh strawberries and hot maple syrup!

4 comments:

  1. I love squirrels. Looks like Mae has much to keep her entertained. I love your new header. Gorgeous photos. The pancakes look delicious and I'll keep this recipe, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. -chuckle- Love the story of how "Mr. Jimmy" got his name!!!!!!!

    Tessa~

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grands...especially my grandson would love these. I will be making these when he comes in December:-D XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks delicious..but the rum cake ..I've got to try! We have a Jimmy..but so far he hasn't attacked the pumpkins. Just the birdseed. No trickery keeps him out of it..so we just make sure we buy double. They really cute to watch. I guess Mae is wise to have befriended Jimmy.

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.