May 29, 2014

MISSISSIPPI MUD SAUCE




Summer is here! You are gonna thank me for this! How can your thoughts of summer not include a delicious ice cream sundae? This is my secret fudge sauce that I discovered when we lived in Dothan, Alabama! I have made it every summer and believe me....you will never, ever buy jarred hot fudge sauce again....sorry Smuckers! Show your Southern Hospitality by serving up this sweet sensation that makes everyone scream for ice cream!!!




MISSSISSIPPI MUD SAUCE




In a small saucepan, stir together ¾ cup sugar and 1/3 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened). Stir in one 5 ounce can of evaporated milk which equals 2/3 cup. Cook and stir over medium heat until it comes to a soft boil. Remove from heat. Now…wait for it…here it comes……oh yeah……
Stir in ¼ cup of chunky peanut butter. Serve warm over vanilla ice cream!
 




Kittens eating ice cream lol 
 Now, that's a crowd pleaser!

Featured with many great recipes at Foodie Friday!
 

 
 

4 comments:

  1. The recipe sounds wonderful and so easy. Thank you Estelle!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy it Beth! This will put a smile on your face!

      Delete
  2. That does sound good. And that cat photo....adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb! Thank you for stopping by and I do hope you enjoy the recipe! Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.