December 13, 2023

CHRISTMAS EVE PREPARATIONS

 Oh my goodness....we are on the count down....
a mere thirteen days until Christmas.....
I think I am doing great this year...well organized
and planned out....of course, I have had years of practice 
so that helps when you realize actually how many
years have passed since you first became a homemaker, wife, Mother and Grandmother.....
These are a few highlights for our Christmas gathering.....



We will be serving Christmas Eve cocktails and appetizers
in the formal dining room this year, leaving the farmhouse table
clear for this year's chosen game.......
and I decided to use paper products to eliminate the stress of 
after party cleanup.....



One more tiny nutcracker was purchased to accent the candy corner.....



My mother's favorite Christmas carol was the Little Drummer Boy..
So I chose cocktail napkins in her honor.....



Love, love, love this Texas style Santa......



I always love putting out assorted seasonal Chocolates in a pretty box......



I know the grandchildren love this tradition.....


I am pretty excited about our entertainment for Christmas Eve....
ssshhhh...it's a surprise for all.....
This will be the one and only clue I publish.....



This has proven to be our favorite throw for cozy nights on the sofa...
the darling and I are currently making our way through seasons of Endeavor....



I put new batteries in all the lanterns and fashioned
ribbons on each...It's magical when the evening rolls around
and the house is aglow with candlelights...all on timers....



The gifts have all be delivered, wrapped and ready for gift giving.....



I am really looking forward to the holiday buffet......



Wishing you all a Very Merry Christmas.....

5 comments:

  1. I am really enjoying your Christmas posts! Thank you for sharing and a Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done well!! I am still decorating but will have all but the guest room dressed and clean by tonight. We are having a dinner party at 7:00 so I have time. Still have the gazebo to do next week but I'll leave that up all winter. I won't be taking Christmas down until well into January.
    I was late starting as I wanted to all my fall up until after my Kansas City brother visited and then we stayed over in Dallas for the first week in December while Amber and Mike went to Croatia for a week.
    Next year I will start right after Halloween!
    My favorite Christmas Carol is The Little Drummer Boy....and I loved Endeavor!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sigh...I wish I was feeling as confident as you when it comes to being ready. SO much to do this week while grands begin to flow in...cooking for them the days before the big christmas eve gathering has what has me stumped right now. As well as having enough refrigerator space!! (even tho there are 3 herelll)
    I adore that wrapping paper you have with the animals all over...could you share source so I can stock up for next yr plz??? Because believe me, I am NOT wrapping one more thing this yr.....my old hands are feeling the pain!! HAVE A WONDERFUL HOLIDAY MS BETSY WITH YOUR LOVED ONES AND ALL OF YOUR BEAUTIFUL DECOR AND FOOD!!!! can't wait to hear about game!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Janey...and Merry Christmas...I found my gift wrap on Amazon....most of what I share on my blog is from Amazon...past, present and of course...future....you sound like you are deep in the hustle and bustle of the holiday..enjoy the time spent with the grandbabies....

      Delete
  4. That Nutcracker is so delightful, and love those napkins. Your wrapping is lovely and festive, and it looks like you put a lot of thought and care and love into the wrapping. And I must get some of those Grinch chocolate kisses. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.