November 14, 2023

THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY WINTER MANTEL

I love it when a vision comes to life....
it's choosing a theme, a color scheme
and then finding the perfect inspirational pieces to create the look...
This year, I am doing much less decorating than I have in years past....
I wanted to choose a soft winter look for the Christmas holidays....
and these are the new items I selected for 2023......




A soft snowy winter garland...that will twinkle with soft white lights.....



A beautiful new cable knit stocking to match the others.....


And fell totally in love with my new oil painting.....

For whatever reason, I have been drawn to the color green this year....
Perhaps it provides a feeling of calm.....
I hope you are looking forward to the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays....
families gather, laughter can be heard throughout the house,
stories will be told of fond memories and homemade recipes
that have been family treasures will be shared....
How about you?
I wish you happy days as you plan for the season.....

 

2 comments:

  1. There's just something about a mantel that's decorated for Christmas. I also have soft colors on my mantel with the twinkling lights and my frosty people, which I call them. I like that snowy garland that you chose, and I LOVE the painting. It's kind of a woodsy look. I know it will all go together, as you have such creative decorating ideas, Betsy. Have fun with it all! Yes, all we need is a vision, and we go from there. ; )

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about the holidays! Right now I am taking fall down and cleaning! Once the house is all done - I will open up my Christmas storage building and I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.