August 6, 2023

LEMON ZUCCHINI BREAD

Hey there loves....
Oh, y'all...this quick bread is SOOOOOO GOOD!
This recipe comes from Miss Lori who resides
in Arkansas and she is just an amazing home chef.....
You probably have some zucchini in your kitchen
and need some good ideas on how to use it.....
make this bread and enjoy an afternoon snack.....
warm from the oven with a delightful little lemon glaze!

Lemon Zucchini Bread
2 cups cake flour or all purpose
 2 t. baking powder
 1/2 t. Salt
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1 1/3 sugar
1/2 cup buttermilk
2 T. lemon juice
 zest of 1 lemon
1 cup shredded Zucchini

 Glaze

 1 cup powdered sugar
 2 T. heavy cream
2 T. lemon juice

In a large mixing bowl,
mix together above ingredients.
Pour batter into a greased loaf pan.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 45-50 minutes.



Spoon glaze over warm bread. 
Allow to cool for about 15 minutes before slicing.....



Enjoy that lovely lemony aroma.....


Slice into serving sized pieces, pour a glass of cold iced tea....and enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. Oh this is timely! I have zucchini that needs to be used and I have guests coming on Thursday! Win-Win!
    Thanks Betsy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deanna...I should clarify, I did use Cake Flour in this loaf. I am not sure how it turns out if using AP flour...it's a cake like texture rather than a coarse bread loaf...I would recommend using cake flour...it's a great recipe! Enjoy!

      Delete
  2. Another really wonderful recipe! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks so Yummy. And I love that pretty dish you baked the bread in. My dad used to grow zucchini in his garden every year. The lemon adds something special to the recipe too. It looks amazing, Betsy.

    ~Sheri

    ReplyDelete

I so love receiving your thoughts and comments. I also hope you found something that made you smile.